The Terrible state of console ranked system
Hello everyone, I have just recently (the past few months) starting playing this great game. But like a lot of people I do not have a good enough pc for "The real game". In the past few months I've gotten to rank 7 surv and rank 4 killer as my best. One key thing i noticed though was when I watch my friends play on pc they are normally in a lobby with everyone around the same level.
On Xbox one I can say I have never had a lobby with equal level players. Either its 3 high rank survivors and a rank 20 killer or a rank 1 killer with random level 12 through 18 on the survivor side. In BOTH these situations it makes matchmaking 1 of 2 things. Either you will have to carry your team against a good killer or you need to outplay survivors who are always a higher rank then you.
I heard there were changes made to matchmaking but the state of xbox's matchmaking makes me want to either leave or afk almost every game i play and I really wish this wasnt the case. Playing 1v5 as a survivor sucks, your teammates are always somehow brand new to the game even though the numbers are falling on Xbox(especially if theese 30 minute wait times mean anything)
I was just wondering if anyone else on console is have the same issue as me.
Thanks for reading my rant
Comments
This is a known issue on Console and PC, though possibly worse on console because our total player population is lower. They are working on a new system for determining rank (through MMR) and will likely make an effort to address this problem once that system is ready to go (not much use in adjusting the current system when it's about to be replaced, after all).
The sooner the better though, because the current matchmaking probably isn't creating a lot of positive experiences for newer players.