Teachable Perks unlock via Character Info page
When a character gets to a level where a teachable perk can be unlocked, rather than have it show up in the bloodweb, have it be purchasable with bloodpoints on the Character Info page. There are characters that I want to level up but don’t want to unlock their teachable perks as I would never use them and unlocking them would only make it harder for me to get the perks I actually want when leveling up other characters.
Right now, if I want to level up a certain character whose teachable perks I don’t want and get good perks for the character, I am either required to unlock the teachable perks so they don’t block other perks from showing up in the bloodweb or get to level 50 where four perks show up in the bloodweb and then very slowly unlock perks one at a time since the character’s three teachable perks I didn’t unlock take up three of the available four perks spaces in the level 50 bloodweb. If I opt to unlock the undesired teachable perks just so they don’t block me from getting other perks that I do want, I then have to deal with them showing up in all other characters’ bloodwebs, unnecessarily extending the grind to get desired perks for all those characters.
Another possibility is to only have a character’s teachable perk show up in their bloodweb for a few rounds after the character gets to the level it becomes available and if not purchased after those few rounds, then have that teachable perk no longer show up in the bloodweb but be available to unlock with bloodpoints on the Character Info page.
Comments
Didn't the devs say they're looking into the grind once again? Considering removing tiers?
Thanks for your comment! That would be great if the overall grind was reduced, and removing tiers sounds like a good option to do so. When I unlock certain perks on a character, that character becomes more fun to play and there are more possibilities of fun and interesting situations in the game. I would also love to see a focus on just having items, add-ons, and offerings that meaningfully impact the overall gameplay. Some items, add-ons, and offerings seem to have little to no impact on the overall gameplay.