Ideas For 'The Shape' Add-on Adjustments
So, a couple of Myers add-ons make for very broken gameplay. And some others could use a little touching up to add a little bit of QOL improvements to Myers' alternate add-on combinations. Here is my ideas as for what changes could be made to a select few of his add-ons:
Tombstone Piece:
- Considerably reduces the Terror Radius of Evil Within II.
- Considerably increases the Terror Radius of Evil Within III.
- Stacks
Fragrant Tuft Of Hair:
- Grants the Undetectable status effect for 8 seconds after reaching the next tier of Evil Within.
Judith's Tombstone:
- Unlocks the ability to kill Healthy, or Injured Survivors with Evil Within III.
- Disables the ability to Stalk with Evil Within III.
- Unlimited Evil Within III duration.
- Tremendously increases the amount of evil required to reach Evil Within III. (Current amount required combined with current amount required for Fragrant Tuft Of Hair - merges the two add-ons)
- Moderately decreases movement speed.
Jewelry Box:
- Tremendously increases movement speed while stalking.
- Stacks
Jewelry:
- Considerabely increases movement speed while stalking.
- Stacks
Thoughts? Additions? Alterations?
Comments
I don't think anyone would be in favour of the change to Judith's Tombstone.
Since it allows Myers to also use increased stalking add-ons to get to Tier 3 immediately without sacrificing gens in the early game.
I honestly think that would be broken. Since you can just use perks like Play With Your Food to also patch up the decreased movement speed.
@DelsKibara I did consider that, but I had to combine them to be able to include the new add-on of giving him Undetectable lol
How about if it required even more evil to hit Tier3? Because currently it amounts to 3 survivors max stalked and the 4th survivor just a tiny amount stalked. How about making it so that all survivors must be max stalk to hit Tier3 when using that add-on?
Why not change his vanity mirror to do your Tuff of Hair thing?
His iridescent don't really need changes.
I think Shape's addons well balanced and no need changes
Tombstone should let you kill Dying survivors too.
No reason why Myers can't tombstone in lockers. I get that it's technically "Counterplay" (But 99% of them suicide on the hook so it's obvious they didn't do it because they don't want to die) but it makes Evil Incarnate (Tombstone all 4) beyond frustrating when survivors will yeet into lockers even when they're the last survivor alive just to prevent you from getting the achievement.
If you could tombstone a dying survivor you could just yank them out of the locker, drop them, and then tombstone.
@Milo aw no I love Vanity Mirror lol
Yeah, I do agree, there is no need to touch his Ultra-Rares. I just wanted to think of a new add-on they could give him to add even more jumpscare play to his arsenal.
@darklinger well, his Tombstone Piece definitely needs changing. The others maybe not so much, that was just me rolling with the flow once I got thinking.
However, the reasons behind buffing the Jewelry and Jewelry Box was to make them work even better with Scratched Mirror or simple Tier1 gameplay.
@Toybasher I don't think that would be healthy for him. The fact you haven't got to be going for the trophey in order to use it, would make Tombstone gameplay very broken.
You... love vanity?
That's unusual but okay.
@Milo What's not to love? I pair it with Mirror Shard. It catches a lot of people out. Free hits galore. Obviously, like Scratched, gotta use perks that compliment it and allow you to get full jumpscare/down potential out of it. I find it very fun to use.
The issue people have with it is they look at it and go "this add-on is stupid! How am I supposed to get a 4k with this if i'm slower?" Without considering that if you make a scary build around it, it balances it very well.
You made Fragrant Tuft a worthless addon for being Ultra Rare. 8 seconds of Undetectable is not going to matter because most survivors will have an idea you’re stalking them, so that “sneak status effect” will probably not help you.
If it was lower rarity like Green it might be ok.
@Rey_512 8 seconds of Undetectable every time you reach Tier2 & Tier3 is worthless, are you serious? Considering his TR has potential to be tiny in Tier2, you could get so much use out of it with multiple playstyles
Michael is already Undetectable in T1. 8 more seconds going into T2 is not a game changer by any stretch of the imagination.
In T3 it COULD be okay, but most survivors are attentive enough to notice a stalking Myers. If you’re keeping your distance to stalk and tier up to EW3, survivors will hear the music and start looking for you if they haven’t spotted you already. Then they’ll run to a loop and poof... there goes your 8 seconds of “stealth”.
Not worth being an Ultra Rare.
@Rey_512 you can hide your body after Tiering up and then pop out at them. You can also stalk through gaps in walls on certain maps. And even when going from Tier1 to Tier2, the lack of a red stain gives you that added boost and you also gain in movement speed too. I'm struggling to see why this would be a worthless Ultra-Rara.
I suggested it would be okay as a Green (Rare?) Add-on. Myers is already a low-terror radius killer so him walking around Undetectable for 8 seconds after a Tier Up isn’t a game changer. Current Fragrant is a much better Ultra Rare - great payoff but at the cost of requiring more stalk.
I say “worthless” in the sense that it would be another Ultra Rare that is very niche and doesn’t give you a consistently good benefit. Let’s face it, most Myers players don’t go into EW3 while being sneaky/outside of a chase. And coming out of EW1 can only happen once per match.
That seems like a weird combo? You already have 16m of basically free wall hacks, why do you need more?
Oh and my problem with vanity is that it's worse scratched. You need to tier up, you become vulnabre to auras and there's a huge diffrence in ranges (32 to 16). +That slowdown seems really unneccessery.
8 seconds is a pretty short duration for Undetectable status though. Demogorgon can use one of its own UR add-ons, Red Moss, to gain about that much 'Undetectable time' after using its portals (which also have a global "use" effect just like Evil Within tier changes) and it doesn't gain much from the advantage.
It would be an okay-ish add-on at a much lower rarity (definitely green or yellow at highest), but I think it would need to last at least 3-4 times longer to be considered strong enough to justify being Ultra Rare. Especially when the ever-popular Spine Chill would completely negate this add-on's usefulness or Tinkerer could be run to occasionally receive a better version of this effect (plus gen info).
Honestly, all I'd really suggest that should be done with the Fragrant Tuft of Hair is make it a more extreme version of the other EW III-extender add-ons. Let Myers have a tremendous amount of time in EW III, but only need to stalk survivors a moderate amount more. Then just tweak Judith's Tombstone to not auto-end EW III when a survivor is mori'd, but instead to remove a fixed chunk of the gauge (maybe the equivalent of 25%-33% of a full gauge per survivor).
@Milo because you don't need to hold Stalk to wallhack, allowing you to move at 4.6m/s, closing the gap/cutting them off quicker. Yeah, the aura reading is a downside, but perks can counter that as well as remove your terror radius too.
@APoipleTurtle yeah, but Demo can't insta-down lol and Tinkerer is tied to gens being at 85%. This would allow Myers to be very sneaky and still an intimidating presence on the map at his own control, even more that currently.
Or Fragrant Tuft Of Hair is still infinite, but you need a lot more stalk from survivors to hit Tier III, eg 3 survivors. Because, ultimately, Add-ons shouldn't stack. Which would make it still usable with Judith's Tombestone.
"4.28 m/s or 106.95 %"
According to wiki.
@Milo yeah, I was talking while I typed that (clearly, since I mentioned the speed reduction prior). But my point was, that you're much faster than you would be if you were stalking, combine that with wallhacks and you can see where i'm coming from. You could also combine Vanity with Jewelry Box and be just a tiny bit slower than the Vanity speed while still having wallhacks. I use that with Scratched for a smoother approach