Afk bannable for killer? Devs please answer after reading carefully
I'm sure this is a discussion that comes up from time to time in the forums, And I'm hopeful that we can get a developer to give us a clear answer rather than just a link to the rules as I had read the rules and it doesn't even state going afk is a bannable offense. Now is it bannable for a survivor? Most certainly and it should if it's being abused as it ruins the chances of survivors being able to escape because they are down an active survivor. But a killer? What if that killer is like a Nurse and has to deal with some really sweaty survivor swf's who just taunt and teabag and harass you in game (not saying they harass you in the chat, that's a different story.) Just being an all around mockery of your lack of skill or patience and you as a killer decide to take a bow in the corner? You stare at it so they can no longer get points for running in front of you and leaving your sight, blinding you wish a flashlight and of course you don't have to watch them point and laugh...
If a killer does this then is that a bannable offense? If it's deemed as one can we get an answer as to why? It doesn't hinder the survivors from being able to play the game (especially since their objectives are to do generators and escape.) It doesn't slow the game down (if anything it would speed it up and help them move onto a new game quickly. Finally it would make the killer be able to walk away and take a much needed breather. If you do this and survivors don't know you can do totems and gens (doubtful) and de-pip really that shouldn't be the killer's fault as the killer didn't do anything to hinder that (not to mention, it's 2020... Who still cries about being in red and purple rank? I find the game much more enjoyable around green and yellow rank because people mess around and have fun with goofy builds more often.) Thank you for reading and if your a developer I hope you can give me/us (anyone really who reads this and wonders the same thing) the answer we're all looking for!
One final note, I've noticed that when you play the game regardless of what you do; staring at a corner, chasing and downing survivors as well as hooking them etc etc... You get the same xp regardless as it's based on game length. The only thing affected by not doing as much is bloodpoints if I'm not mistaken
Comments
I see. For game hostage holding situations that is when a surrender vote for surviviors and concede option for killers would be nice.