Quick and easy fix to Decisive Strike.

Right now there are no downsides to Decisive Strike, which makes it a low rish high reward perk for survivors.

If the perk is designed to "give a break" for survivors, it's understandable, however a lot of survivors seem to be exploiting this functionality. It's common that survivors get unhooked and then parade in front of the killer to execute their DS (the game even gives them incentive points for doing that, which is even more crazy), or repair in the killer's face which is not really what's supposed to happen, I mean, they "should be afraid" of the killer role, they should waste some time healing or at least hide from the killer for a bit. It's even immerse-breaking having someone not being afraid of the killer at all and annoy him while chasing other survivors just because they have this "protection field" around them.

So a quick fix:

-DS deactivates if the survivor continues repairing a generator (if he's ready to go on with the match and advance his objectives, so should be the killer, it's riducilous that the survivor can move the game forward while the killer can't)

-DS deactivates when fully healed.

That's when the risk comes, you can choose between healing, repairing but risk your DS, or stay injuried for a minute while you find a teammate to heal you or self-care. When you're back in action, the killer should be able to hook you again. I think that's fair.

Comments

  • I like the spirit here, but not the follow-through. Here's my problems:

    -If a survivor does not have a way to heal themselves (Self Care, Inner Strength, Med-kit, etc). And they aren't running anything to help with finding teammates. This means they can't continue to do much of anything without risk of being tunneled. It's especially punishing on Deliverance, as then they are also broken for 60 seconds AND may have no teammates nearby.

    -Second, this also risks killing the purpose of a lot of the self-healing-from-hook perks. While I doubt many care if it hampers Adrenaline, it would also make Second Wind into an even less desirable choice than it already is. You'd also want to avoid letting your teammates with We'll Make It help you, because they would deactivate your DS (which denies them more altruism points). It risks creating some frustration between survivors.


    I feel the easier solution would just be to implement what the community has already asked for several times: that DS should deactivate (or lose a % of its remaining timer) once another survivor has been hooked. It should be further shoe-horned into being a purely anti-tunneling perk. Not "60 seconds of Invincibility" or enabling tunneling through game progression.

    For me personally though, I think DS should be reworked entirely to not even do its signature stun-from-shoulder-escape. I'd rather it was just a more extreme version of Boil Over and Flip Flop that greatly reduced the time needed to wiggle free (and possibly also reduced the killer's movement speed while carrying you). It could still achieve an extremely similar effect, but possibly require a little intervention from your team to make the most of it, which I believe would properly balance it.

  • It has been suggested by Scott Jund in the last video.

    I mean, it's pretty obvious reasoning that a lot of people came up with the same idea, if the survivor can move his objectives forward, so should the killer. As simple as that. DS should be a chance to find a teammate, or go to the corner of the map to heal, like a "time out", which is fair, but it's ridiculous that they go straight to rush gen with no risk at all.

    Also, I'd deactivate it after the 5th gen pops or if an exit gate is opened. If I played "nice" the whole match, I let people unhook, repair, heal, they all did their points, for that (not camping or tunneling) I probably relegated some pressure, it's really unfair that I have to eat all the DS in the end game.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PugO7ovhaYY