Challenges ruin gameplay

At first I like to have a kind of extra stuff to do to get nice outfits and I finished all tomes in the past and unlocked the riftpass, but now there is the new tome and the most matches are unplayable again...

30% of the matches you see killer who want farming for the grab- or huntress-challenge,

30% you see survivor near the killer and do nothing in hope to get the 60 sec challenge,

20% survivor unhook instand with and without borrowed time,

15% the standard suicide and trashgames

5% chance of a „normal“ match...

Thats really fun :-(

The big Problem in my opinion is, that a lot of player want finish the tome as fast as possible and there are some challenges which are very difficult in different ways for example with the huntress. Sure, for a good player it’s not a big deal but for a rank 13 who doesn’t plays huntress it’s near impossible or there are challenges that force survivor to play bad (kate challenge) or try the challenges more often... I think it’s unhealthy for the game in that way how it is.

Comments

  • Lasty night was first time ever, I literally died trying to open a chest. Had 1 more chest to open for the Tome Challenge (search 8 chests) died but got the challenge completed.

    Was I willing to die just to complete it>? Yes I was, and did. I'm getting that chest Bubba, no matter the cost.

  • That’s what I said, player focus on challenges and doesn’t play for the team... And I think many player do this, because they want finish all and not do it in a normal match

  • Most challenges are stupid and boring.

    For example, the iron maiden challenge, i farmed. First 30 seconds, boom challenge done. Do you really believe that i was going to sweat and tunnel for this challenge? No.

    Next challenge: 2 grabs with discordance. I farmed. Easy. No headaches.

    I always expect weird plays when the challenges are out. It is what it is.

  • They can lead to reckless, unorthodox play, that's for sure.

    Some trophies, like Take One For The Team, also encourage ButtockHead tactics.

  • @xenofon13

    If people want just play farming is just boring... But I can understand killer cause you need for some challenges otherwise a lot of matches.

  • @ich_häng_mal_rum said:

    @xenofon13

    If people want just play farming is just boring... But I can understand killer cause you need for some challenges otherwise a lot of matches.

    Sure, it's boring i know. But i'm not gonna play 20 matches maybe more or less who knows, for the grabs or the iron maiden.

  • Challenges are fun. They change how people play and that's never a bad thing even though some people may see that playstyle as less than "optimal"

  • I like some challenges too, but if you don’t play in swf (where you know the player) it’s horrible to play this game. DBD is „balanced“ for a team of four survivor and if everybody just do his own stuff in different crazy ways, and nothing for the team, it doesn’t make fun!