Why are this games servers SO BAD?
The servers in this game are inferior to other multiplayer games. Why is this? If I play another game say PUBG with a server in a similar location I will get 40ms less than I would on DBD. If I play on a west coast server there I end up getting 90ms at the highest. On here? 130-140. I get put on a European server on PUBG... Same deal 90-100 ms. On here? 140. Why are the servers inferior? Is it bad coding? Going for the cheapest possible option? I'm genuinely confused here. Even my local server on here is 60ms when I could drive there easily in 4 hours.... Why? I can't wrap my head around this.
Comments
the reason is this: originally the game was envisioned as a point to point game. people cried of all the disconnects, lag switching and demanded fixes. the devs gave them the fix "dedicated servers" it fixed a great deal of crap but introduced a great deal of crap. also realize that pubg, fortnite, and many others are backed by huge companies and not a small dev group.
Now you talk about your ping being X on one group of servers and Y on these servers? well for that you will need to truly understand that the PING you see at any one point is not the ping that exists at all times. it may be the ping that was reported when connected. things happen and routers get overloaded and have to delay some things on the millisecond scale and you could never see a ping number if it reported the ping for every millisecond of game play as it would be changing. you might see the hundred's digit stable where the tens and ones would be a jumble if it were to report the actual ping of every communication.
Because they never, EVER have server maintenance.
WoW, CoD, Steam, etc they have server maintenance once a week.
Not once I've seen DBD have server maintenance.