Cross-play is smart

I think crossplay is a good idea with a bit more optimization and QoL changes it will be fine, the start with be horrible because we are going to have to get used to pc players and them playing certain killers but I think as time develops things will become better and I can finally stop hearing people wailing about queue times

Comments

  • I think it will be fine for next gen consoles, my one already gets stupid framerate drops

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    I think it will be fine for next gen consoles, my one already gets stupid framerate drops

    Yes, I’m sure that the next gen consoles will run this game like pc can, I’m sure the only difference then will be keyboard & mouse vs controller

  • I'm looking forward to shorter queues, I'm not looking forward to SWF being even more of a readily accessible thing.

  • @BlueFirebilly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1309172#Comment_1309172

    Yes, I’m sure that the next gen consoles will run this game like pc can, I’m sure the only difference then will be keyboard & mouse vs controller

    I dont anticipate the keyboard and mouse difference will be bad. It just means we'll finally see some good norses/huntresses

  • DBD on console is actually horrid. My xbox one X can hardly handle the mediocre graphics without chugging so hard it feels like a slideshow at times.

    But something like apex, which looks gorgeous, will run smooth as butter. It's clearly poor optimization.

    All cross-play will do is allow PC players to stomp on the console players; who are probably enjoying 10-20 FPS. Why they don't resolve the FPS issues before implementing cross-play is beyond me.