Can it also be kept in mind that most hex effects are very powerful.
Lets be clear and honest with ourselves: when hex spawn favours the killer by being in a ridiculously difficult to find spot, potentially that no survivor ever manages to find it, it can heavily skew a match to an unfair degree sometimes.
Prime example, I had a match as Doc where I used Huntress Lullaby in conjunction with Distressing and UP, on The Game. The hex spawn was glorious. It was tucked away real good spot. The survivors just couldn’t find it, and I can be pretty certain that those survivors had a crappy time at T3 madness once I reached all 5 stacks of Lullaby. Not that my intent was to troll the survivors. I wanted to use an advantageous strategy. But these survivors not being able to find the hex at all throughout the whole match was pretty bad. Not because THEY were bad, but because the hex spawn was just way too well hidden.
For such powerful advantages its fair to accept the risk that sometimes a hex will spawn in easy to find places occasionally.
I get where you are coming from. But keep in mind that the spots where totems can spawn on each map are fixed. The game just chooses 5 spots out of them. This means that with enough experience, or effort to learn them through KYF, survivors can actually find those well hidden totems. So I don't think it justifies the chance of having the totem spawn in plain sight like that (at least put a rock there or something).
Can it also be kept in mind that most hex effects are very powerful.
Lets be clear and honest with ourselves: when hex spawn favours the killer by being in a ridiculously difficult to find spot, potentially that no survivor ever manages to find it, it can heavily skew a match to an unfair degree sometimes.
Prime example, I had a match as Doc where I used Huntress Lullaby in conjunction with Distressing and UP, on The Game. The hex spawn was glorious. It was tucked away real good spot. The survivors just couldn’t find it, and I can be pretty certain that those survivors had a crappy time at T3 madness once I reached all 5 stacks of Lullaby. Not that my intent was to troll the survivors. I wanted to use an advantageous strategy. But these survivors not being able to find the hex at all throughout the whole match was pretty bad. Not because THEY were bad, but because the hex spawn was just way too well hidden.
For such powerful advantages its fair to accept the risk that sometimes a hex will spawn in easy to find places occasionally.
Ok but come on u can't say that that isn't the worst spot when it could have literally been anywhere else? also u see your point but can we at least agree that putting in spots like that or right next to a gen is completely stupid and at least try to look for them?
Can there once be a thread were well-hidden Totems are posted? But nope, nobody would mention the actual awesome Totem Spots which exist. Better open Thread Number 38238238238 about bad Totem Spots.
While it is an easily spotted spot it’s also easily spotted by the killer from far away and many killers can protect it this way! You don’t have to cross half the map to see if a survivor is nearby or on it, and can even check mid-chase of another survivor.
if I happen to spawn near this totem as survivor I sure as hell will not destroy it immediately because it is very risky, I will wait until I know the killer is busy.
Yes, the indoor maps (and backwater) can have some ridiculous totem spots, but as someone mentioned, there are fixed spots and can be found. However this spot is just so ridiculous, I don't even know why that's a totem spot. As totems can spawn in the same places as some generators, I assume this is the case in this scenario. However, I feel this spot shouldn't be allowed for a totem spawn. Although I haven't seen such a ridiculous totem spawn in a while, or at least not a hex one. Maybe it happened to the recent map changes?
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Broken link
Thanks, fixed
Yeah i know, we all hate that one.
I get where you are coming from. But keep in mind that the spots where totems can spawn on each map are fixed. The game just chooses 5 spots out of them. This means that with enough experience, or effort to learn them through KYF, survivors can actually find those well hidden totems. So I don't think it justifies the chance of having the totem spawn in plain sight like that (at least put a rock there or something).
Still think the killer should be able to place it himself once per match.
Ok but come on u can't say that that isn't the worst spot when it could have literally been anywhere else? also u see your point but can we at least agree that putting in spots like that or right next to a gen is completely stupid and at least try to look for them?
Can there once be a thread were well-hidden Totems are posted? But nope, nobody would mention the actual awesome Totem Spots which exist. Better open Thread Number 38238238238 about bad Totem Spots.
Yes, this spot sucks.
Is every Totem Spot like that? Hell, no.
While it is an easily spotted spot it’s also easily spotted by the killer from far away and many killers can protect it this way! You don’t have to cross half the map to see if a survivor is nearby or on it, and can even check mid-chase of another survivor.
if I happen to spawn near this totem as survivor I sure as hell will not destroy it immediately because it is very risky, I will wait until I know the killer is busy.
I posted this more for a laugh than anything.
Yes, the indoor maps (and backwater) can have some ridiculous totem spots, but as someone mentioned, there are fixed spots and can be found. However this spot is just so ridiculous, I don't even know why that's a totem spot. As totems can spawn in the same places as some generators, I assume this is the case in this scenario. However, I feel this spot shouldn't be allowed for a totem spawn. Although I haven't seen such a ridiculous totem spawn in a while, or at least not a hex one. Maybe it happened to the recent map changes?