Is there such thing as being

To bear trap happy? I just had a game against the pig and I wanted to know why pig mains like to follow people from behind. Do they like making sure People can’t take the trap off?. Don’t they know their are other’s they could go after instead of wasting time on one person?. As a killer main I get that it’s a killers job to kill survivors but shouldn’t we as killers at least go after each survivor and not focus on one. I mean I get it’s to build pressure on their teammates if one is eliminated but shouldn’t the person have a chance instead of a killer tunneling or whatever?.

Comments

  • It's the same kind of player that would play Legion before they got changed, and do that stupid "chase the survivor while facing the other way so their bleedout bar always goes down" trick. It's just an easy way to get a sleezy kill. That's specifically why I groan every time I realize I'm facing a Pig: I always feel like they're going to just creep around listening for my reverse bear trap and just never let me interact with a box, but not actually start a chase with me so my timer just goes down. In that situation, just like the Legion one, it's just an unfun waiting game of "welp, time to just run around aimlessly until this stupid timer inevitably kills me."

  • @Huff said:

    It's the same kind of player that would play Legion before they got changed, and do that stupid "chase the survivor while facing the other way so their bleedout bar always goes down" trick. It's just an easy way to get a sleezy kill. That's specifically why I groan every time I realize I'm facing a Pig: I always feel like they're going to just creep around listening for my reverse bear trap and just never let me interact with a box, but not actually start a chase with me so my timer just goes down. In that situation, just like the Legion one, it's just an unfun waiting game of "welp, time to just run around aimlessly until this stupid timer inevitably kills me."

    Oh I don’t really go up against legion very often. When I’m my Claudette main I usually see all the other killers but not legion.

  • @NinjaDette1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1305602#Comment_1305602

    Oh I don’t really go up against legion very often. When I’m my Claudette main I usually see all the other killers but not legion.

    Well in case you weren't aware, his deep wound he caused used to go down as long as you weren't in a chase. I don't know exactly what causes it to run out now (I know sitting still and/or working on a generator/totem or something will make the bar drain) but with the way it was before, he could just look the other direction and just follow your blood trail/scratches/grunts of pain backwards, leaving you no choice but to eventually stop to mend (where he would just M1 you obviously) or go down to the deep wounds itself. Needless to say, they changed that to the current form because it was obviously way too OP and had no counterplay. Especially because before, his power didn't end after 1 swing. He also had no cooldown on his attack when missing, so you would get hit by it no matter how good you are at juking.

    So yeah. Pig can essentially be a weaker version of that, but bypass all the extra hook states since the trap is an insta kill. Not exactly fun when it's, as I said before, just a game of futilely running around until you're inevitably screwed over.

  • @Huff said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1305656#Comment_1305656

    Well in case you weren't aware, his deep wound he caused used to go down as long as you weren't in a chase. I don't know exactly what causes it to run out now (I know sitting still and/or working on a generator/totem or something will make the bar drain) but with the way it was before, he could just look the other direction and just follow your blood trail/scratches/grunts of pain backwards, leaving you no choice but to eventually stop to mend (where he would just M1 you obviously) or go down to the deep wounds itself. Needless to say, they changed that to the current form because it was obviously way too OP and had no counterplay. Especially because before, his power didn't end after 1 swing. He also had no cooldown on his attack when missing, so you would get hit by it no matter how good you are at juking.

    So yeah. Pig can essentially be a weaker version of that, but bypass all the extra hook states since the trap is an insta kill. Not exactly fun when it's, as I said before, just a game of futilely running around until you're inevitably screwed over.

    I’m trying to learn each killer a little bit more even though I’m usually a Claudette main but recently started to play as a doctor main and before that was wraith.

  • @NinjaDette1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1305712#Comment_1305712

    I’m trying to learn each killer a little bit more even though I’m usually a Claudette main but recently started to play as a doctor main and before that was wraith.

    Well glad to hear you're joining the killers of the community. It really is a fun role (more so than survivor right now in my opinion) and the killers all feel nice and unique, even if people like to compare them to each other (like how people say things like "Clown is just a worse Freddy.")

    Anyway, good luck trying that stuff out. Don't be afraid to look stupid sometimes in your games, that's what learning killers is all about: testing limits. You'll find your favorite killers/playstyles/techniques.