wiki admins: please create a wiki page for Killer Instinct.

Killer Instinct is referenced several times in the official wiki, but isn't defined anywhere. I tried to create a page for it, but it told me I don't have access to do so. Here's the text of what I wrote:


'''Killer Instinct''' is a condition is which some or all survivors' auras are briefly revealed to the killer. Unlike most other conditions, it does not have a [[Status HUD|status icon]], so affected survivors are not explicitly made aware that they are visible to the killer.

Killer Instinct can be triggered by a number of events, including:

* If a survivor reveals [[Ghost Face]] while he is stalking, that survivor suffers Killer Instinct.

* If [[Legion]] hits a survivor during Feral Frenzy, Killer Instinct is inflicted on all other survivors.

* If a survivor walks or runs over [[Pyramid Head]]'s trail, that survivor suffers Killer Instinct.

(Do all circumstances when survivors auras are revealed to the killer count as Killer Instinct? E.g. when survivors are revealed to the killer by [[Barbecue & Chilli]] or [[Bitter Murmur]]?)

Comments

  • Works for me, but you do need to keep Killer Instinct and Aura Reading separate.

    Easy rule of thumb on what's what:

    Killer has three different forms of notification:

    -Loud Noise Indicators (the "explosions" from blown gens, screaming survivors, Spies from the Shadows, etc. Can be prevented by some perks.)

    -Aura Reading (when you can see survivor outlines as with Nurse's Calling or BBQ & Chili. Blocked by lockers and certain perks)

    -Killer Instinct (shows what I can only describe as a pulsating web/heart-thing which acts as a stronger version of the noise indicators. Only usable by some killers and cannot currently be blocked by lockers or any survivor perks).

  • oh! I never played Legion, so I didn't realize KI had a totally different indicator until I tried pointy in the PTB.

    also add "scream" to your list of killer indicators. :)