What's up with Repressed Alliance?

Maybe I'm just small brain, but what use does this perk have for a survivor? Other than perhaps preventing a killer from using PGTW on a gen, but that's such a niche case that I can't imagine they'd make a perk for it. And I feel like it's gonna be used to troll other survivors more than anything. Does anyone have an idea what the devs were going for on this one?

Comments

  • Blocked gens don't regression and by using Repressed Alliance to block a gen Ruin will not regress that gen. This can allow you to leave the gen and go save someone or prevent losing a lot of progress on a gen when the killer comes by. Considering another new survivor perk is Soul Guard which wants you to keep the hex totem alive, I would say this perk is designed to help against ruin.

  • It also stops Ruin from regressing the gen.

    Another thing I thought of, although it very niche, is that you can block the gen to prevent Freddy from teleporting to you.

  • @Crowman said:

    Blocked gens don't regression and by using Repressed Alliance to block a gen Ruin will not regress that gen. This can allow you to leave the gen and go save someone or prevent losing a lot of progress on a gen when the killer comes by. Considering another new survivor perk is Soul Guard which wants you to keep the hex totem alive, I would say this perk is designed to help against ruin.

    Very good explanation.

    plus PGTW is not that niche, is it? At least I see it pretty often.. think Freddy with BBQ and PGTW..

  • I think it can be also used to make killer feeling more comfortable while not risking that he will kick the gen... and boom, 5 gens are done at once.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1304901#Comment_1304901

    Very good explanation.

    plus PGTW is not that niche, is it? At least I see it pretty often.. think Freddy with BBQ and PGTW..

    PGTW is certainly common in red ranks and while you can block a killer from popping your almost done gen, PGTW does last longer than the blocked generator.