Okay, DBD = Smash Bros but with horror movies

I mean, Silent Hill, are you serious? ๐Ÿ‘€

PS: not complaining, just interesting to watch Pyramid head (from Silent Hill) stabbing Steve (from Stranger Things) on Lampkin (from Halloween).

Comments

  • Silent Hill is no less a classic in its medium than Halloween, Friday the 13th, and A Nightmare on Elm Street are in theirs. The box doesn't have to be so narrow that it's only horror movies or TV. I could absolutely see them licensing content from games like Resident Evil, Fatal Frame, and Until Dawn in the future. What's so bad about that?

  • Also: What about any other medium? What if there was, I dunno, a Dracula chapter? Or some sort of Cthulhu-themed chapter? Or the It chapter that everyone wants, whose source material is a novel? I think those would be fair game, too.

  • Oh... was that NOT what we're here for?

    ######### yeah, I'm about to terrorize some hapless survivors!

  • @Rydog said:

    Silent Hill is no less a classic in its medium than Halloween, Friday the 13th, and A Nightmare on Elm Street are in theirs. The box doesn't have to be so narrow that it's only horror movies or TV. I could absolutely see them licensing content from games like Resident Evil, Fatal Frame, and Until Dawn in the future. What's so bad about that?

    I'm not complaining. It's just so wild to imagine, idk, the Ghostface on Silent Hill map stabbing Nancy from Stranger Things.

  • @Rydog said:

    Silent Hill is no less a classic in its medium than Halloween, Friday the 13th, and A Nightmare on Elm Street are in theirs. The box doesn't have to be so narrow that it's only horror movies or TV. I could absolutely see them licensing content from games like Resident Evil, Fatal Frame, and Until Dawn in the future. What's so bad about that?

    Fatal Frame... ugh... I WISH. That and Bio Hazard would definitely cross off my personal Horror game bingo wishlist for this game! Nemesis and Rope Maiden? ######### yes, please!

  • A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES!

  • @WRussoW said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1304190#Comment_1304190

    I'm not complaining. It's just so wild to imagine, idk, the Ghostface on Silent Hill map stabbing Nancy from Stranger Things.

    Not much different than an Animal Crossing character in an F-Zero car speeding through a Zelda map in Mario Kart. ๐Ÿ˜„

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES!

    This one right here. This how I start treating each new licenced chapter.

  • @Rydog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1304236#Comment_1304236

    Not much different than an Animal Crossing character in an F-Zero car speeding through a Zelda map in Mario Kart. ๐Ÿ˜„

    DBD is kinda special in this case because now we have something similar to this in horror universes. I know we had MK that kinda collected a few licenced slasher killers but DBD is just on a whole new level.

  • @Rydog said:

    Also: What about any other medium? What if there was, I dunno, a Dracula chapter? Or some sort of Cthulhu-themed chapter? Or the It chapter that everyone wants, whose source material is a novel? I think those would be fair game, too.

    i mean, the Silent Hill chapter is not the first licensed content from different horror games put into DbD.


    Dont forget they have added Bill from Left 4 Dead in the past, who himself is very much licensed and from a game.

  • @Mister_xD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1304204#Comment_1304204

    i mean, the Silent Hill chapter is not the first licensed content from different horror games put into DbD.

    Dont forget they have added Bill from Left 4 Dead in the past, who himself is very much licensed and from a game.

    Yeah, I wasn't even thinking about this, derrrrr. And he was a really early one, too -- only Halloween predates Bill in terms of licensed content.

  • @MyersxKate said:

    oh no my movie from the 80s didnt get it, ######### people who get another horror icon!

    • You

    Bruh, WHERE DID I COMPLAIN?

  • If I could go back in time and show my 10 year old self who used to spend afternoons in blockbusters just looking at the vhs covers of the horror movies, and shown him Dead by daylight as it is now, I would have had my tiny mind blown.