2nd Hook State

It's very frustrating when you miss a beat by a quarter second only and thus instantly die, especially if you just wanted to switch hands or some element decided not to register one of your key presses. I think it would be better if, when you miss a beat and have been spamming the space bar, your remaining health goes down by a chunk rather than instakilling you, kinda like how an unsuccessful escape hurts you. This doesn't happen often, but when it does, it's like "come on."

Comments

  • There are definitely times where I wished that your survivor would just automatically struggle in the 2nd phase and the "Take Change to Escape" context would swap over to "Give Up" or something equivalent in struggle state.

    I know the reason that they have survivors button mash to struggle is for immersion's sake, but I wouldn't be very bothered if it changed.