What are your most boring/cliche perks for each killer?

Not gonna be about nerfing or changing anything about it, just perks that are so boring to use and/or face against killers that you practically assume the killer is running it as soon as you know who the killer is(combo's excluded, but enduring and spirit fury tend to be interchangable here).

My list:

Billy and Bamboozle

Spirit and Stridor

Doctor and Distressing

Oni and Infectious Fright

Myers and Infectious Fright

Trapper and Sloppy Butcher

Wraith and Spirit Fury

Pig and Surveillance

Ghostface and BBQ

Bubba and Insidious

Clown and STBFL

Nurse and NOED

Hag and Devour Hope

Huntress and Nurses Calling

Freddy and Ruin

Plague and Thanatophobia

Legion and Thanatophobia

Demogorgon and Enduring

Deathslinger and M&A


Obviously some of the killers rely on the perk to have a decent match, but in many, MANY cases its just boring because it's so meta that you're essentially playing against the exact same killer in some points. I'm actually surprised if I face a Spirit without Stridor to a point where I might actually start trying to play ballsy again(which obviously affects me negatively) rather than being forced to run away and hope I can reach the nearest pallet before she can hit me.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1313638#Comment_1313638

    Like I said the first time... You dont have to use ANY tracking perks at all. It just makes since to use perks that synergize with various abilities. Can you tell me any killer that would make better use of the perk stridor than Spirit? I'm not saying Spirit HAS to use Stridor, I'm saying the perk works best when used with her and acts to nullify one of her biggest counters (ironwill). I cant blame a Spirit for using it because it makes perfect since to do so. As far as the Huntress and STBFL example... its bad. A Huntress can recover from throwing a hatchet faster than she can recover from a melee swing with 8 stacks of STBFL, so why bother building for a melee Huntress? Typically people use perks on killers to either synergize with a killer's strengths, or help offset a killer's weakness/the player's weakness. We can talk about build diversity, but you cant expect people to throw on perks that make no sense on a killer for the sake of diversity. I'm not gonna say a survivor should equip selfcare and no mither for build diversity for example, so lets not pretend insidious Wraith makes any more sense.

    You can go into a match EXPECTING whatever you want, but you shouldnt go around shaming people for utilizing perks that work best for them just because its common. Personally, the Bamboozle Billy is the first I've really heard of it. Figured if any killer was more likely to run it (other than Clown for obvious reason) it would be Wraith, Myers or Legion due to quicker vaulting kind being apart of their kits.

    "As far as the Huntress and STBFL example... its bad. A Huntress can recover from throwing a hatchet faster than she can recover from a melee swing with 8 stacks of STBFL, so why bother building for a melee Huntress?"

    Well, like I said to you in an earlier discussion, that is a bit of a problem with her hatchets in the first place. But often as a huntress you're forced to swing if you want a hit because the lack of an angle. You could charge an axe and hope the survivor runs predictably, but it doesnt guarantee a hit. Having a guaranteed hit with a basic swing and being able to throw a hatchet quite fast actually could guarantee a double hit faster than you can get a double hit from a basement. It's not the greatest, especially if you can hit a fly on the other side of the map with a 3 second aura read, but its not the worst either. Its interesting to play against and people wont even be mad. Yet you see yourself the amount of hate huntress is getting for easily getting a double hit without requiring too much skill(seriously, I'd say the recharge time between throws and hits should be affected on distance, the further the distance, the faster huntress can throw/hit). It has potential. Just because its bad on paper, doesnt mean it is bad in practice. Does it make much sense to do so considering her kit? No, but seeing a survivor make a vault within hitting range but not on an angle for hatchet throws and recovering within 0.3 seconds so you can throw a hatchet after them will 100% catch them off guard.

    "but you shouldnt go around shaming people for utilizing perks that work best for them just because its common"

    Im not shaming people for using a perk just because its common, I'm shaming people for relying on the exact same perk everyone else relies on for no other reason than "its the best perk for this killer". Decisive Strike is a common perk. Bamboozle on Billy is guaranteed, let alone Billy's entire perk set. It's extremely boring to essentially face the exact same build on the exact same killer over and over again. Especially if the killer is a relatively common killer. About 50% of my games are against a Billy or Huntress, they all practically have the exact same load-outs with the only difference being addons used. That's 50% of games that I simply dont want to play anymore because its boring as #########. Like I said, imagine all survivors running the exact same build every single match. You'd get bored of facing the exact same build and playstyle over and over and over again. And the reason for why it's used rather than other builds is purely for elitist reasons. Its all about what's supposed to be better on paper, ignoring all practicality.

  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1312248#Comment_1312248

    Its boring to get the exact same perk on the exact same killer every single match, yes. I mean, imagine every single survivor using DS. Not just 1 in a team, not once one game and twice the other game, LITERALLY every single survivor every single game. That's boring. You'd have to slug everyone if 1 minute hasnt gone past or eat 20 seconds of stun every single match. It would be boring AF.

    I can imagine that because I've encountered a team that had all DS, BT, DH, and Unbreakable/Adrenaline equipped. They use those perks because in that situation those perks work well. It's not about fun, it's about viablility. Perks that aren't viable aren't fun. Perks that get minimal use every match aren't fun. Playing a character with perks that match your best playstyle with that particular character is fun and viable.

  • If you run BBQ and or NOED, I automatically assume you're a bad and boring killer.

  • @OniKobayashi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1313321#Comment_1313321

    I can imagine that because I've encountered a team that had all DS, BT, DH, and Unbreakable/Adrenaline equipped. They use those perks because in that situation those perks work well. It's not about fun, it's about viablility. Perks that aren't viable aren't fun. Perks that get minimal use every match aren't fun. Playing a character with perks that match your best playstyle with that particular character is fun and viable.

    "It's not about fun, it's about viablility. Perks that aren't viable aren't fun."

    So it is about fun. But yeah, there are some perks in the game that are neither viable to run, nor are they fun to run. And I am not about to say those perks need to be ran. They need a rework and/or a buff. And some perks simply do get minimal use. Heck, I very rarely get in a situation where DS actually would be usable. I almost never am in a situation where BT is needed, and when one of my friends is using unbreakable, the only times it really works if the killer has NOED or assumes he doesnt have unbreakable and just wants to damage as many people as possible. However, a lot of perks still get a lot of use in a game, and they are quite viable, yet they are all ignored because other perks are more viable than them. Personally, I run Autodidact a lot, its an extremely weak perk in the average game, especially if there is no one for you to heal early game. Botany Knowledge overall gets more value out of the game, because theoretically, you can get 0 skill checks all game after the first 2, meaning the perk can essentially only have been bad the whole game, while botany knowledge will have 33% speed consistently. However, if you can get Autodidact to stack early game, its a very strong late game perk. Even outclassing the We'll make it+botany knowledge combo if RNG is on your side. And yeah, sometimes a build doesnt really work out due to spawns, or you happen to get the worst map for your build. But there are only a handful of perks that are always minimal use.

  • @xBEATDOWNSx said:

    If you run BBQ and or NOED, I automatically assume you're a bad and boring killer.

    BBQ is understandable, its literally free double bloodpoints and a decent detection perk aswell. If We're Going To Live Forever also had a killer aura detection whenever you unhook someone(which it should, no reasons not to), you'd be running that perk almost always aswell.

    NOED has different uses and while it can be used as training wheels for some killers, its mostly used as a speedboost for other killers(and pretty much the only counter to Adrenaline).

  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1303243#Comment_1303243

    True, but if you were truly steamrolling the killer, you would have had time to search and cleanse the bones and prevent a noed aswell and decided not to do so. I personally dont always cleanse bones either, but if I suspect a killer might use noed, I definitely would search out bones.

    You say suspect a killer of using noed? Can you suspect a rank one killer spirit to use noed. Rank doesn't matter so many ppl use noed good and bad killers. Its a crutch perk regardlessly.

  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1314067#Comment_1314067

    BBQ is understandable, its literally free double bloodpoints and a decent detection perk aswell. If We're Going To Live Forever also had a killer aura detection whenever you unhook someone(which it should, no reasons not to), you'd be running that perk almost always aswell.

    NOED has different uses and while it can be used as training wheels for some killers, its mostly used as a speedboost for other killers(and pretty much the only counter to Adrenaline).

    I'm not disagreeing on NOED. I just find it boring to play against when I do play survivor. After the last gen pops, I just assume the killer has NOED and okay accordingly

  • @survivormain1105 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1303340#Comment_1303340

    You say suspect a killer of using noed? Can you suspect a rank one killer spirit to use noed. Rank doesn't matter so many ppl use noed good and bad killers. Its a crutch perk regardlessly.

    Yes, you can. You can figure out a killers perks quite easily. And yeah, if the player is playing spirit, they are likely running noed because spirit is already a crutch killer anyway. If you gonna be an #########, why not be a complete one?

    But NoED has 2 functions:

    1. if you're outmatched, you still have a chance of getting survivors and not end the game with 0k thanks to instadowns
    2. if you're evenly matched or steamrolling, the survivors are going to be injured no matter what, meaning they shouldnt care about the instadown.
  • @xBEATDOWNSx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1314193#Comment_1314193

    I'm not disagreeing on NOED. I just find it boring to play against when I do play survivor. After the last gen pops, I just assume the killer has NOED and okay accordingly

    I agree its boring to face it over and over again. Which is why I am extremely bored facing Billy's, Huntresses or Spirits. Because they all are already top tier killers and any perk on them will pretty much be good. But they still go for the best of the best. It's just not fun. However, the amounts of times I encounter a NOED is practically non-existent.

  • Freddy with BBQ & Pop, or Freddy with an anti-gen build in general. It's only annoying because every Freddy I go up against runs a build like this. Usually its BBQ, Pop, Surge, & Sloppy Butcher (probably his best build honestly). The add-ons that slow down survivor action speed on top of that is also annoying. Yeah you can wake yourself up by blowing up your gen or finding another survivor/the dream box, but then you either give up your position or waste more time. It's just a super try-hard build which is why Freddy is as strong as the data shows him to be.

  • @BloodMoneyMerc said:

    Freddy with BBQ & Pop, or Freddy with an anti-gen build in general. It's only annoying because every Freddy I go up against runs a build like this. Usually its BBQ, Pop, Surge, & Sloppy Butcher (probably his best build honestly). The add-ons that slow down survivor action speed on top of that is also annoying. Yeah you can wake yourself up by blowing up your gen or finding another survivor/the dream box, but then you either give up your position or waste more time. It's just a super try-hard build which is why Freddy is as strong as the data shows him to be.

    Pretty much. I am expecting Spirit and Freddy to be on the highest average killrate this year. The only reason Trapper outshines them is because rank 20-15 plays trapper a lot and rank 20-15 survivors arent exactly the brightest when it comes to trap placements.

  • @Predated said:

    Not gonna be about nerfing or changing anything about it, just perks that are so boring to use and/or face against killers that you practically assume the killer is running it as soon as you know who the killer is(combo's excluded, but enduring and spirit fury tend to be interchangable here).

    My list:

    Billy and Bamboozle

    Spirit and Stridor

    Doctor and Distressing

    Oni and Infectious Fright

    Myers and Infectious Fright

    Trapper and Sloppy Butcher

    Wraith and Spirit Fury

    Pig and Surveillance

    Ghostface and BBQ

    Bubba and Insidious

    Clown and STBFL

    Nurse and NOED

    Hag and Devour Hope

    Huntress and Nurses Calling

    Freddy and Ruin

    Plague and Thanatophobia

    Legion and Thanatophobia

    Demogorgon and Enduring

    Deathslinger and M&A

    Obviously some of the killers rely on the perk to have a decent match, but in many, MANY cases its just boring because it's so meta that you're essentially playing against the exact same killer in some points. I'm actually surprised if I face a Spirit without Stridor to a point where I might actually start trying to play ballsy again(which obviously affects me negatively) rather than being forced to run away and hope I can reach the nearest pallet before she can hit me.

    Billy and Enduring.

    Agree with the Spirit one.

    Doctor and Iron Maiden.

    Agree with the Myers one.

    Also agree with the Oni one.

    For me, Trapper and STBFL, he farms stacks SO easily.

    Wraith and STBFL for me, he becomes very efficient at chasing and the hit and run tactic.

    For Pig, I agree.

    Bubba and Nemesis and PWYF.

    Agree on Clown.

    Nurse and Thanatophobia.

    Hag and STBFL (one of the strongest killer + perk combos I've ever seen but also very cliche)

    Huntress and Iron Maiden.

    Freddy and Pop is cliche and boring to face.

    Agree on Plague.

    Agree on Legion.

    Demogorgon and STBFL.

    Agree on 'Slinger.

  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1314366#Comment_1314366

    Pretty much. I am expecting Spirit and Freddy to be on the highest average killrate this year. The only reason Trapper outshines them is because rank 20-15 plays trapper a lot and rank 20-15 survivors arent exactly the brightest when it comes to trap placements.

    I think Spirit is fine as she is, but I know a lot of the survivor community doesn't agree. The thing everyone hates is that you can't tell when she is phasing or not, or at least not so easily. You basically have to run Iron Will against her too, even though she most likely will have stridor on anyways. But the best way people can counter Spirit is to be very unpredictable. I find that works really well against her because it often leaves her confused & mindgaming herself.

  • @BloodMoneyMerc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1314384#Comment_1314384

    I think Spirit is fine as she is, but I know a lot of the survivor community doesn't agree. The thing everyone hates is that you can't tell when she is phasing or not, or at least not so easily. You basically have to run Iron Will against her too, even though she most likely will have stridor on anyways. But the best way people can counter Spirit is to be very unpredictable. I find that works really well against her because it often leaves her confused & mindgaming herself.

    Yes, the best way is to be unpredictable, which is impossible if Spirit runs Stridor. If a Spirit doesnt use Stridor, and because I use Iron Will, she'd have to be focussing on my breathing. Which is soft enough on its own to actually work in counter play. But add in stridor, and its impossible to counter unless you play against a baby spirit. There is a lack of windows that are strong against spirit, because they would be OP against all other killers. There are essentially no pallets that are strong against Spirit, because they would be OP against all other killers.

    That is the issue. I'd be fine if Spirit forces a map to spawn double the amount of Pallets or opens more strong windows against a Spirit. Because they are needed. Most maps are just too open for a Spirit. Basically, the only maps I would like to face a spirit is Lery's and The Game. The rest is lacking counterplay. Well, I mean, that, or actually having someone who doesnt use their ears.

1 2 ›