matchmaking question for older players?

I just started playing in the last couple months (since big rona) and everyone complains about mm was it always this bad?

Comments

  • It wasn't bad, perse. Most of the games back then were rather fair. But it also tends to take ages before you get into a game. I know back then, White Ranks used to wait up to an HOUR before they can get a game.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    It wasn't bad, perse. Most of the games back then were rather fair. But it also tends to take ages before you get into a game. I know back then, White Ranks used to wait up to an HOUR before they can get a game.

    Thats insane, id never wait that long

  • @metalklok said:

    I just started playing in the last couple months (since big rona) and everyone complains about mm was it always this bad?

    When I started it was worse for new players, that was about 1.5 years ago, all some survivors needed was a friend in brown ranks and it would be 3 real red ranks and 1 brown vs a new killer and it was really messed up back then with insta heals, but I would say that no, MM was more balanced back then, most of the time it was new vs new, vet vs vet, it was weird to see 4 red ranks vs 1 new player

  • The matchmaking of a year to a year and a half ago was rather stupid: people would derank to bully new players, SWF's would have someone on an alt account at brown ranks so the killer would be a rank 10 instead of a rank 1, killer matchmaking could take nearly half an hour while survivor was nearly instant... And yet it was better than what we currently have. Which does say a lot.

    But I guess that's what happens when you throw away somewhat fair matchmaking for faster match times. Who cares if the game isn't fun any more, you're getting matches!

  • It's not as bad as it was. Around 6 months ago it was appalling, absolutely shocking.