Why are perks organized so arbitrarily?
Why are perks haphazardly colored, and then sorted according to color? It doesn't make any sense why some perks are green, and some perks are purple. Maybe if all rank 1 perks were yellow, all rank 2 perks were green, and all rank 3 perks were purple, it might make a bit more organizational sense (since that would make it easier to see which perks haven't been fully upgraded yet).
This is just one of those little UI/UX things that has not been addressed yet, one of the thousand-cuts issues with this game's user experience. I wish they would just redesign the entire perk loadout UI, since it is annoying to sift through 6 pages of haphazardly organized perks.
Comments
Honestly perks should be organized by type, Aura, Healing, Tracking, Exhaust, Second Chance, etc. You could have some overlap too.
It would be great to have a straight-up alphabetical perk list, with some filters, like you are suggesting. And you could maybe filter by owned and unowned, see which perks are missing from a given character, etc. Give players the option to make a favorites list, save some custom perk loadouts that they can select from... there are all kinds of ways they could remake the loadout screen, to make it better.
who knows, despite how much I like to call out how devs are incompetent at their own game, I think it's just random, like I can't believe they genuinely think that open handed is better than iron will, for example.
also, for #########'s sake, perks are in alphabetical order, even based on the games language, I'm tired of seeing even legacy streamer looking for a specific perk without understand it.
The devs have this rule that each character needs 2 tier 3 purple perks and 1 tier 3 green perk, yet there are a few purple perks that are worthless and a few green perks that at meta. They do it based on the assumed strength of the perk but it's not an accurate reflection.
I would just make the list purely alphabetical and change perks to be yellow-green-purple for tiers 1-2-3 respectively. It just makes more sense that way and it absolves the devs of trying to gauge the strength of a perk outside of live servers.