Most killers try to make me think I’ll escape lately

I couldn’t fit the full title: Lately many killers try to make me think I’m getting the hatch before slamming it in my face. This has happened before, but lately it’s been nearly every game. It’s boring.

I’m usually the last survivor and when downed, I already consider it a loss. The killer giving me the hatch is nice for the bp and I do think “That was nice of him/her” but I’m still a loser.

Lately, I don’t even wiggle if there’s a hook nearby. But then they don’t take me to the hook; instead, they go to the hatch. In the past, this usually meant they felt like letting me escape for whatever reason. Now, in nearly every match, they take me to the hatch, drop me, slam it shut, and hook me. What purpose does this serve? It’s a waste of time for both of us. Plus it’s not like survivors care except for the wasting time part. We know we really lost.

I did get an old fashioned “give the last one the hatch” Cannibal recently. As soon as he passed the nearby hook, I started wiggling so he’d just hook me and be done with it (that’s worked in the past). He continued to the hatch and I wiggled free, but got downed again. He picked me back up and I wiggled again to let him know I knew he wasn’t giving me the hatch. He went to the hatch, dropped me, and I waited for him to close it but he didn’t. I crawled over to it and escaped and felt bad for making him carry me that far while wiggling.

Has anyone else had multiple killers carry you to the hatch so you can watch them close it lately? Does this even benefit the killer in any way? It’s so pointless. The only survivors who’d even care are rare (I assume), except they likely get annoyed the killer is taking so long to end the game. I didn’t think much of it until it started happening every time I was the last downed survivor. I took a break from the game for months and started playing again last week and noticed this trend.

I should probably mention I’m not a toxic survivor. No butt dancing, gesturing, farming other players, healing during a chase, DCing before being hooked, pointing to lockers where people are hiding, using flashlights, etc.

Comments

  • @ForeverRank20 said:

    I couldn’t fit the full title: Lately many killers try to make me think I’m getting the hatch before slamming it in my face. This has happened before, but lately it’s been nearly every game. It’s boring.

    I’m usually the last survivor and when downed, I already consider it a loss. The killer giving me the hatch is nice for the bp and I do think “That was nice of him/her” but I’m still a loser.

    Lately, I don’t even wiggle if there’s a hook nearby. But then they don’t take me to the hook; instead, they go to the hatch. In the past, this usually meant they felt like letting me escape for whatever reason. Now, in nearly every match, they take me to the hatch, drop me, slam it shut, and hook me. What purpose does this serve? It’s a waste of time for both of us. Plus it’s not like survivors care except for the wasting time part. We know we really lost.

    I did get an old fashioned “give the last one the hatch” Cannibal recently. As soon as he passed the nearby hook, I started wiggling so he’d just hook me and be done with it (that’s worked in the past). He continued to the hatch and I wiggled free, but got downed again. He picked me back up and I wiggled again to let him know I knew he wasn’t giving me the hatch. He went to the hatch, dropped me, and I waited for him to close it but he didn’t. I crawled over to it and escaped and felt bad for making him carry me that far while wiggling.

    Has anyone else had multiple killers carry you to the hatch so you can watch them close it lately? Does this even benefit the killer in any way? It’s so pointless. The only survivors who’d even care are rare (I assume), except they likely get annoyed the killer is taking so long to end the game. I didn’t think much of it until it started happening every time I was the last downed survivor. I took a break from the game for months and started playing again last week and noticed this trend.

    I should probably mention I’m not a toxic survivor. No butt dancing, gesturing, farming other players, healing during a chase, DCing before being hooked, pointing to lockers where people are hiding, using flashlights, etc.

    People suck and the lockdown is making them suck more. Was playing huntress last night against three potatoes and a god. Taters died easily, but the god ran me for a while when looking for hatch. I downed him and gave the hatch. He was shocked thinking I was mad about the chase, but I respect a quality player.

  • Because some people are ######### who can't have fun without making someone else miserable.

    Since in real life they'd get knocked the fuq out when they eventually piss off the wrong person, they do it in digital life where they unfortunately can't take the punch to the nose that they so rightly deserve.

  • We gain more points if we hook you in EGC. Also there are quests to close the hatch.

  • Unfortunately it happens I’ve had killers close both the hatch and the gates in front of me. But when I’m my doctor main I make some exceptions and let the none toxic survivor(s) live. And I’ll go kill their toxic teammate(s). As their teammate pulls down a pallet in front of their teammate and me. And they loop in front of him or her hoping I’d go for the teammate Instead and I go kill their shady teammate.

  • If I'm going to give the hatch as a killer, I give the hatch. If I'm not going to give the hatch, I hook you asap. No point in being a dick and drawing the game out for both of us when the conclusion is foregone in my mind.