I can't answer your question, but I'm assuming they have chat logs. It'd be so easy to fake screenshots and get innocent players banned. Just remember to also report the player through Steam!
Hey, a in-game report is necessary and any additional evidence (for chat harassment screenshots) can be sent to support!
What does the support see when you make an in-game report? Do they get access to the entire chatlog or only the messages up to the point when you report?
Basically: If someone is being nasty in chat, and I make a report, but after I make the report the same person starts spamming racial slurs, does support see that too or not because it happened after the report was created?
What does the support see when you make an in-game report? Do they get access to the entire chatlog or only the messages up to the point when you report?
Basically: If someone is being nasty in chat, and I make a report, but after I make the report the same person starts spamming racial slurs, does support see that too or not because it happened after the report was created?
Yes, they can read chat logs. That's all I will say to that, sorry.
Yes, they can read chat logs. That's all I will say to that, sorry.
Is it OK to ALWAYS make a support ticket with chat screenshots in addition to an in-game report for chat-related reports, or does that create too much work and should not be overused? (I assume that handling a support ticket with screenshots is more work than working through just an in-game report with no additional support ticket)
Can one make a support ticket for a report first and then make an in-game report with a reference to the support ticket, and does that help in any way? I am thinking of something like this: "I am reporting because of racial slurs, screenshots attached in support ticket ######" in the in-game report form.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I can't answer your question, but I'm assuming they have chat logs. It'd be so easy to fake screenshots and get innocent players banned. Just remember to also report the player through Steam!
You don't need screenshots for chat-related reports - chat logs get automatically sent to the Support team whenever you report someone.
Hey, a in-game report is necessary and any additional evidence (for chat harassment screenshots) can be sent to support!
What does the support see when you make an in-game report? Do they get access to the entire chatlog or only the messages up to the point when you report?
Basically: If someone is being nasty in chat, and I make a report, but after I make the report the same person starts spamming racial slurs, does support see that too or not because it happened after the report was created?
Yes, they can read chat logs. That's all I will say to that, sorry.
Is it OK to ALWAYS make a support ticket with chat screenshots in addition to an in-game report for chat-related reports, or does that create too much work and should not be overused? (I assume that handling a support ticket with screenshots is more work than working through just an in-game report with no additional support ticket)
Can one make a support ticket for a report first and then make an in-game report with a reference to the support ticket, and does that help in any way? I am thinking of something like this: "I am reporting because of racial slurs, screenshots attached in support ticket ######" in the in-game report form.