Did they fix Killer’s DC’ing by closing their app on console?
If anyone is not aware, when killer’s close DBD by shutting down the application on console, the survivors lose their points, items, and offerings they received/brought in the match.
I’ve recently attempted this because a SWF team was BMing me and shortly after I DC’ed, they messaged me saying that I DC’ed for nothing and that they got their points, with also, not surprisingly, a few insults...
I’ve been playing with my SWF group recently and I’ve noticed when a killer rage quits against us lately, we still receive our points and items.
If this has been patched, I’m guessing a lot of killers have realized this and instead of attempting to have survivors lose their compensation for the match by closing their app, they’re starting to pull the plug on their internet, LOL.
I’ve noticed this because me and my friends start to lag and run into walls shortly before the killer DC’s...
I’ve recently attempted this because a SWF team was BMing me and shortly after I DC’ed, they messaged me saying that I DC’ed for nothing and that they got their points, with also, not surprisingly, a few insults...
I’ve been playing with my SWF group recently and I’ve noticed when a killer rage quits against us lately, we still receive our points and items.
If this has been patched, I’m guessing a lot of killers have realized this and instead of attempting to have survivors lose their compensation for the match by closing their app, they’re starting to pull the plug on their internet, LOL.
I’ve noticed this because me and my friends start to lag and run into walls shortly before the killer DC’s...
Comments
They tried fix it but failed. You get booted to the point screen and can see the after game info including killer info and it shows they got points. However the survivors don't actually get any BP.
It's not that big of a deal. Sadly nothing they can do. Simply go on to the next game, better luck next time.
I definitely lost BBQ offerings after recent killer disconnects (PS4)
Spaghetti code and butt servers make fixing it a far off dream
I still dream of dedicated servers, similar to my belief in santa claus
A.) "Its not a big deal" is subjective. When you don't get a lot of opportunities to play, and the few games you do are not rewarding because the killer hard disconnects - it is a big deal.
B.) "Sadly nothing they can do" Thats flatly not true. The killer is the host of the game, and based on what I've seen, their programming logic is to not report back to Behavior servers until match completes. It should not be difficult to add a routine to the game that occasionally reports back to Behavior the current progress of the game. I'm sure its doing this in some manner already for other types of statistics. Adding in the blood points earned at that time should be trivial. That way, if the killer hard disconnects, the survivors could still get blood points since the last check-in.
I played on PS4 religiously, it doesn't happen often. It isn't a big deal, seriously. They've attempted to fix it, but they found there is nothing they can do.
Again, it doesn't even happen that often. Most Killers who dc, dc the proper way anyway.