One change to the hatch to make keys less ridiculous

Let the hatch spawn only when one survivor is left. I know some people will still feel it's unfair when it isn't but the fact that when you did very well as killer even it was super hard to turn the game into your favor it feels super unfair when one survivor dies by 1 gen left and the others just key out...

You did so well and it doesn't matter they just key out and act like they won. If only one person can key out you probably won the game and it doesn't matter that much if someone luckely finds the hatch first or keys out. I mean I think theres still counterplay if you cheese out the kill by standing on top of the hatch and looking that the survivor don't open the exit. At leats with the most killer.

Edit: an addition from @not_Queef : Once all gens are done the hatch also spawns.

That's still fair because the survivors did their objective and the killer mostly failed killing all. And the achievement of all escaping through the hatch were still obtainable.

Comments

  • there is an achievement that is only obtainable when all 4 survivors escape through the hatch, therefore its not doable.

  • When one survivor is left or all gens are completed.

    No more early escapes and the achievement is still possible.

    👍️

  • If all the gens are complete, the hatch should close. No need for the free escape if they can just open a gate too.

  • @Tiersis But your argument doesn't makes sense. Yea they did the gens why should the hatch stayed closed when they have a key? They already did their objective successfull and at this point it doesn't matter anymore. In fact that the key would still have a point why you should run it in a fair way.

    The key shouldn't just give multiple survivors a free escape for failing. But the item shouldn't be pointless or clunky to play.

    I hate keys on both sides. I shouldve mentioned it too.

    Everytime I see as survivor someone running a key in the lobby I just dodge it. I hate it so much when you do everything or a lot so you win together with your team and then they just key out and leave you dying.

  • OP no. It's already hard enough as a solo survivor to get to gates or hatch since we have to wait for the last survivor death's animation and the gates usually spawn too close together. Fix those things and then maybe we'll talk.