How does Spine Chill work?
For the longest time, I've not really cared about it when facing the perk as killer. I normally run Trapper, Plague, and Huntress, so most everybody can see/hear me by the time it kicks in.
Lately, however, I've picked up Pig. Actually enjoying my time with her, and have had a lot of fun learning. Except, now, I've noticed how unholy Spine Chill is. Seems like two survivors minimum are running it when I play Pig (much like it seems every other game has OoO when I play Trapper).
I understand the perk lights up when I'm looking at the survivor within a certain radius. However, how far does that extend? If I look off to the side of them, will it activate? If they're at the edges of my FoV? Would Shadowborn do anything?
What's the best way to approach, as Pig, somebody with Spine Chill? Should I refrain from looking directly at a gen, or just off to the side? Would looking above or below affect things?
Comments
Well it's within 36 metres.
It's when directly in the survivors direction, regardless of line of sight or elevation.
Spine Chill doesn't play by the rules regarding the Undetectable status.
It's why it's such a popular perk with survivors.
You've never used spine chill?
If you have so many questions about it i recommend testing everything out in a kyf with a friend
@toxicnancymain I've used it off and on, but it's been awhile, and even then, it was against killers who I could see coming. It's different when playing the other side, especially with a stealth killer.
If you look to the side yes, it won't activate, but the second you look directly at a survivor, it's active again.
If you play survivor and have it equipped, watch it during a chase. It will flash on/off when the killer vaults, climbs stairs, stops to break a pallet etc and you're running off for a second or two away out of the killer's view direction.