Level 2 tome 3 finished - Overview

EDIT (needed to adjust some numbers ^_^')

I just finished level 2 of the current tome and wanted to share my experiences and some detailed data, which I did not do for level 1 (I just have the overall data in mind). And of course see how you are performing with these, see where you have problems and if anyone needs help with certain challenges, feel free to ask, to get the remaining stuff done within the next week.

TO RECAP: The challenges were designed to be done with an average of one hour of gametime per day. Meaning, with 28 hours during the first 2 weeks (and the second two weeks for level 2) it should be possible to finish all challenges, and with the XP you earn during these 28 hours, you should be able to fill the missing fragments, to get to the average of one complete rift per day.

-> we already discussed several times, also for the first two tomes, that one hour per day is not realistic. This is based on pure match time, meaning 6 games per day of perfect length (10 minutes) to maximise XP per game. This is simply just in a perfect world, and 2 hours is more realistic, considering queue times, spending bloodpoints, creating your builds for the challenge and the fact that games last less or longer than 10 minutes.


So here my stats for the first two levels. The first level I finished in roughly 28h (I didn't note that exactly) which brought me to rift 14 (and some fragments, can't remember exactly). I finished that within one week, so I'm missing some "daily first match" XP on this one, but the gametime (including queue and everything) of 28h was sufficient to finish all challenges and get some fragments ahead of the required "1 rift per day" minimum, not counting in the missing daily XP of the second week. Second level is pretty equal, I needed less time (~22,75h) and got exactly 19,3 rifts, also having one week of daily XP to come. This is even better, regarding the 1 rift per day goal.

The challenges were in my opinion not too hard to grind. I did not farm them, because I don't like to throw games to get my challenges or dailies done. But I must admit that I play both roles equally and like to play them, and I can understand when a survivor/killer main thinks different about that. But regarding the progress in challenges, this is probably even better, because I take the time to finish them and don't try to optimize the attempts, while being still able to finish them on time. I think that is even more an argument that the design of the first two levels is quite OK.

Now some details on the challenges: I had a bad start with the first challenge, needing 2 hours for 6 games to get 5 safe unhooks. But the rest of the day went better, finishing with 5 completed challenges in 4,5 hours. There were 2 more challenges that needed 7 attempts, one was the 10 gens challenge, the other was the 25 silver emblem challenge (where 7 attempts is actually the minimum). But I also had several challenges done in one or two games. The 1 attempt ones were solely master challenges (not sure if another non master challenge could be done within one game, probably just the 75k BP one, since bonus BP are now counting, different from last tome :) EDIT: I actually got the 30 screams done within one doc game). Overall I had the following attempts:

  • 9 challenges finished with 1 attempt
  • 4 challenges finished with 2 attempts
  • 2 challenges finished with 3 attempts
  • 4 challenges finished with 4 attempts
  • 1 challenge finished with 5 attempts
  • 1 challenge finished with 6 attempts
  • 2 challenges finished with 7 attempts

Making a total of 64 games, which is 4,5 games per day, if you spread them over 2 weeks. So the average of 6 games per day is an achievable limit. If you need the 6 games per day, you would even get more playtime XP fragments. So this also seems fine to me. And regarding queue and stuff, 3 games per hour should be possible too.

Alright, I hope you remember some of your edge cases to start a discussion :) Overall, I think this is fairly designed and achievable for the majority of the playerbase, if the average playtime BHVR revealed is still correct.

Comments

  • Just in case someone is interested in that, I uploaded the exact attempts per challenge.

    Ignore the Kate challenge, I counted that as a single attempt with 15 minute playtime, because it is an easy challenge and I wanted to save it for the next chapter. The yellow outlines (master challenges), fillings and red crosses are also just my "pathing" so I can keep the most possible challenges while being able to finish the level and having all the challenges done (except Kate).

    grafik.png