Should survivors have a "resume progress" bar on generators ?
Hi everyone. I'm playing killer a lot and sometimes survivor as well, and I thought about something when playing the game. You already know killers have a "damage generator" bar when kicking it, which takes 2 seconds to perform. However, survivors can resume the progress just by barely touching the regressing generator. I didn't really care at first, but know I kinda see this as an unfair mechanic. Generators by default regress 0.25 c/s, which is not a lot on a short period. But the fact that survivors can just resume progress on the fly while being in a chase just counter the regression without any effort. As the killer in this situation, you can choose to either keep the chase going, or kicking the generator again, which is a bad decision because you are losing a chase and potential pressure.
I think it would be fair to add a "resume progress" bar, just like killers when they damage generators, so a survivor can't just counter regression that easily. A killer can't really kick a generator while in a chase so it would make sense to have the same mechanic for survivors.
This technique is used frequently by survivor players (at least at high ranks), myself included, and it's probably time to get rid of it. What do you guys think ?
Comments
So, moving on from the Overcharge and Ruin discussion that's been going on...
...I really like the idea of survivors needing a short interaction to prevent a gen from regressing. So long as it's brief and exclusively needed for gens that are regressing, I think it would be a good quality-of-life update for the game.
Though an alternate suggestion that wouldn't change a survivor mechanic could be just to have a killer's "kicking" of a gen remove a certain percentage of its progress, maybe like 5% each time they kick it. Survivor's could still choose to tap the gen, but would then open up a different choice for the killer: focus on the chase or remove an additional 5% from that gen. Kicking gens is often worthless without Pop Goes the Weasel active, so it would be nice for it to be a little more valuable as a standard mechanic.
I agree to this. Doesn't need to be long, just a 1 second wait time before you're actually "working" on the gen.