Brightness setting please...

I am sick and tired of either losing survivors in a chase as killer, or accidently running into a corner/dead end as a survivor because of how dark the game is. Basically, I play on console, and there is no way to increase the brightness of the game. The blinds in my house are always open, and it is very bright in the room I'm playing in. Because of that, I can barely see ######### on my t.v because of how dark the game naturally is. Every other game literally has a brightness setting because of situations like these, but dbd doesn't. Why? Is it really that hard?

Comments

  • If you have a NVIDIA GPU, you can open the in-game menu with ALT + Z and go to Filter, you can apply most kind of filters there, including making it brighter.

  • Support ++


    My eyes hurt specially in Japanese maps and murgy reagents

  • @Kees_T said:

    If you have a NVIDIA GPU, you can open the in-game menu with ALT + Z and go to Filter, you can apply most kind of filters there, including making it brighter.

    He literally said he plays on console ;-;

  • @Kees_T said:

    If you have a NVIDIA GPU, you can open the in-game menu with ALT + Z and go to Filter, you can apply most kind of filters there, including making it brighter.

    I play on console and use a t.v, not a monitor. The brightness on my TV is max, but that doesn't help at all

  • We can only be open to new settings that may be coming. Brightness is a hard category due to a lot of the dark areas are purposefully created for the game play. But you never know. :)

  • @Dasher_102 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1283469#Comment_1283469

    I play on console and use a t.v, not a monitor. The brightness on my TV is max, but that doesn't help at all

    Sorry, I didn't read the whole text.

    Guess you will need to wait them, and a long time.

  • @MiniPisa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1283519#Comment_1283519

    Have you tried all the options tho?

    There should be different types of screen - one being for games.

    I didn't see one. I have a smart TV, maybe you can tell me???

  • @MiniPisa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1284931#Comment_1284931

    I mean, I guess different TV models have different settings and since mine is pretty old it's probably way more straight forward. For me, I just press the menu button on my remote and click on "picture" then it will come up with a bunch of options but the one i'm talking about it called "Viewing mode" scroll through all the options in that section and one should be called "Game" or "Gaming". Yours is probably set to "Normal" or "Cinema" right now.

    Holy ######### this actually worked. I can see again! But yea lol I set mine on photo vivid and now I can see. Thank you bro

  • since all of the game is dark I have my brightness set to slightly above normal which is fine for all the maps besides ormond which is way to bright compared to other maps if the brightness settings are increased and this should be fixed