PS4 Matchmaking is Horrendous
So I'm a rank 7 killer at the moment (somehow got reset back to 8 this morning when I was 4 yesterday but that's besides the point). All I keep getting matched with is a bunch of low rank survivor groups. Occasionally there is a red or purple amongst the group, but for the most part its consistently yellows & browns. Either the matchmaking is just making any matches happen or the PS4 community is not the best at the game. I feel like I'm bullying these survivors by playing the game because they can never get gens done. I had a match of hide & seek with a bunch of rank 20s earlier because they all were hiding & staying away from gens.
Not sure if this is because the matchmaking system is failing, if there just are enough high rank survivors, if there just aren't enough killers in general, or something else. It might be that killers are limited on PS4 because I have no queue time as killer but a 5 minute one for survivor. I know this has been an issue before so I can assume it probably still is one. If there is a lack of killers than I hope cross play comes sooner because the PS4 community is struggling.
Comments
They are tweaking matchmaking so to give quicker lobbies to survivors but time of day and your location can come into play.
It's been suggested that first come first served no matter what rank will improve matchmaking and to hide ranks
I think it's just bad luck, I've seen worse, I'm usually rank 1 on ps4 as well (haven't played ps4 since like 2 months) but sometimes I was having rank 12+ against me, I didn't find it fun at all and I bet the survivors didn't as well.
Rank 17 due to letting my killer lapse in ranks for three months.
Played 3 killer matches and had between 2-3 red ranks in my lobby.
Also ps4 btw
I'm honestly just taking a break from the game until it gets better. I'm playing different games with friends, that are way less stressful, and actually enjoying it.
That's interesting. I've been playing for the last few hours and most of my groups had a majority of red and purple. I had a few matches with obvious gray ranks but for the most part it's been all red. Actually thinking on it I did have one group that was I think a yellow, 2 grays and a red but that was the worst one I've had tonight.
Granted even when they were red ranks they weren't the best. I had a few really good individual survivors but no good groups tonight. I figure since I'm saying this I'm gonna get a super squad now but at least it'll shake it up.