Dark Devotion and Doctor's Static Blast?

I'm looking at my perks and tempted to put up Dark Devotion. But since the Doctor's Static Blast is terror radius driven, how does that work with Dark Devotion?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • If you are Undetectable, you have no terror radius, so if Dark Devotion is active, Static Blast wouldn't shock anyone. For that reason, it might not be the best perk on Doctor, but I'm all for trying out interesting perk builds so I'd encourage you to give it a go regardless and see if you can make it work!

    EDIT: Below are some good points I didn't consider, it's 3AM and I honestly forgot about all Dark Devotion's effects. I've looked it up, and the correct answer is actually that any terror radius-based effect will trigger on the TR emitted by the Obsession while Dark Devotion is active. That includes Static Blast, so if you use it after activating Dark Devotion, the power will activate in a radius around the Obsession.

    Source: https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dark_Devotion#Trivia

  • Dark Devotion gives the obsession a terror radius when hit, reducing you own and making yourself undetectable. most perks or powers that interact with the terror radius will have an effect, even the doctors static blast.

  • I think it might give the Obsession your Static Blast.

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    I think it might give the Obsession your Static Blast.

    It won't, your static blast won't do anything at all

  • @BeHasU said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1279891#Comment_1279891

    It won't, your static blast won't do anything at all

    Damn, that would’ve been hilarious.

  • So, I just tested this out in a custom lobby. I'm not sure if this is the way it is intended, but your static blast still affects everyone within the terror radius, even if the obsession is on the opposite side of the map, that survivor and anyone close enough to hear the terror radius screams.