PC - Bloodlust causing lag spike

Step 1: Boot game

Step 2: Play killer

Step 3: Chase and get bloodlust

Step 4: Lag spike

Any game, any killer, any map, any perks, getting bloodlust causes a lag spike 1-2 seconds long, EVERY single time. I've seen posts about this from 2018 completely unanswered with no solution. I literally lose every single chase due to this lag spike. I don't know what causes it but I'm relatively sure it's not an issue on my end, because of other people having this problem


Edit: this also happens for dead hard, the first time you get exhausted, can't even see where you're going during the lag spike and nearly always get hit.

Tagged: Acknowledged

Comments

  • This happens on PS4 all the time.Getting bloodlust for the first time in a chase causes that huge lag spike that pretty much freezes your game for a second or two.

  • It's not happening to me every single match but it is often enough to make an impact on gameplay - especially if it is multiple times in one match. I will be back with more data since I am keeping track now. PS4, framerate drop during chase as a killer when there is a status effect change like bloodlust. The camera shifts/killer is reoriented in conjunction with or immediately following the effect change. Below I show 2 instances: once with bloodlust (screenshot only, sorry - it was the preschool and while i chased claudette i could not get around the fence to hit her because of the framedrop - i was rank 12) and the 2nd instance is a clip with screenshot showing what i mean about the camera shifting/character becoming reoriented while in chase(here i am rank 10. Bloodlust did not pop up on the screen but typically this is what happens if bloodlust did occur.

    PS_Messages_20200607_141531.jpg

    https://youtu.be/hQX12M-7W2E


    PS_Messages_20200607_142759.jpg


  • here's 2 good bloodlust examples, still on PS4, but from 4/5/20

    https://youtu.be/sT30VW_cmj8


    PS_Messages_20200613_140116.jpg https://youtu.be/e2Uu8zmj3uc PS_Messages_20200613_154237.jpg


  • @coley_219 said:

    another bloodlust example on ps4

    https://youtu.be/50z-rkwZDQQ

    thanks for the videos! I hadn't been able to get any videos but these show the exact issue perfectly!!! Hopefully devs will preload pictures for exhaustion and bloodlust (i recall being told by a survivor thats the issue) or do something to fix these extremely problematic issues.

  • idk but maybe the bloodlust performance drop is affecting survivors too - i was chased for the 30 seconds so I'm thinking the killer earned bloodlust here and sure enough there's the frame interruption where i get disoriented when the frame returns :(

    https://youtu.be/z6YgiwquvD0 PS_Messages_20200623_094224.jpg


  • This also happens to me on PC (killers & survivors). Anytime I get shocked by the doctor, shot with hatchet by the huntress, get bloodlust or if the exposed status effects pops up I get the same lagspike/freeze. It's very annoying and I often warp behind the killer and we get both confused.

  • i have here an example on ps4 with bloodlust practically being seamless - i honestly was shocked since I am so used to the performance drop - no offense. So i thought it might help if we also see it work properly - maybe it will assist the troubleshooting process.

    https://youtu.be/j55pYUPBc3w


    PS_Messages_20200628_125328.jpg


  • This happens to me all the time, I am on pc too. They should defo fix this

  • Ps4, preschool, bloodlust shifted me over mid throw

    https://youtu.be/Affm2-4QmgI