Crossplay-Hacker?
So lets just realtalk and I hope some CMs have any news to this topic. So since people found the "crossplay button" in the game files I feel like there are so many new kinds of hacker out there.
I had a match against console players on PC. I know it bc right before the game was starting I was like "Ay those 2 have this console football icon right before their names cool, I'm playing some oni"
Ingame they turned on/off their collision, spammed the hooked animation/sound, insta healed themselfs from any status, unhooked themselfs, never left the first hook stage, were able to teleport through the map, running at a higher speed than oni could ever reach, instand skip the endgame timer so the other both just died (was funny lol).
They were able to do anything. And that's kinda new bc dbd never had a godmode like this. Yea past hacker had some strong hacks but this is just everything possible combined and more.
I watched some videos about crossplay issues and why people are afraid of crossplay in dbd.
And some days after I watched those vids it just happened. I mean I guess it's bc crossplay.
So are the devs aware, are there any plans? It might not be a problem right now bc it's "just" the beginning but it will and dbd isn't that strong to survive thousands of hackers every day ocne people spread the informations how to do it. And I wouldn't risk at all that this is going through...
I made some clips this happened during my stream. I would share them if any dev or CM is interested in it.
And yea I reported them. And yea I shared the clips. I did anything possible before I went on.
Comments
Those are not Console-Hackers, currently Crossplay only exists between Steam and Windows Store. But yeah, I have experienced one hacker as well. And in retrospect, most likely a second one, because one time I played Killer I had 3 Windows Store Players in my Lobby and after my first Hook the game was laggy as hell. The Survivors said it was laggy for them too, but it might have been possible that the Server has been ddosed, who knows.
In general, this is something that needs to be fixed. Opting out of Crossplay is not an option because apparently you will get only matched with players who opted out as well and this will be a really low number of Players.
So I would say that dodging Crossplay Players would be the best option currently. At least I will do it, since I had this one Hacker in my Lobby.