Toxic players

This game has the worst community I have ever seen. 
Every time a game ends, there are insults towards the killer, be it me or someone else.
No matter how many times I report these people the game system does nothing and I end up playing with or against them over and over again. 
I am getting tired of receiving insults from the survivors if I do not play as they want as a killer or from my own companions if I do not do what they want.


Comments

  • Turn off the chat.

  • @Milo said:

    Turn off the chat.

    I was literally coming here to suggest a setting to mute all chat by default. I'm surprised its not an option with how toxic this community is.

  • @Milo said:

    Turn off the chat.

    So, your solution is not to punish toxic players, but for those of us who are not like that, to remove an option from the game.
     They should be punished in some way, not that the solution is for me to disable an option in the game.
    


  • @Lovis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1277025#Comment_1277025

    So, your solution is not to punish toxic players, but for those of us who are not like that, to remove an option from the game.
     They should be punished in some way, not that the solution is for me to disable an option in the game.
    

    Don't put words in my mouth.

    You should report them and then just leave the lobby/turn off the chat. They should get punished for this.

  • @Milo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1278612#Comment_1278612

    Don't put words in my mouth.

    You should report them and then just leave the lobby/turn off the chat. They should get punished for this.

    I understand what you mean, but after having reported them the game continues to match me with them and more than once, so I don't think the game's reporting system works correctly. Most of them care more about the balance of the characters than this kind of thing.