The Pig slight buff idea

I have been thinking of ways to help the pig out a little bit; because I think she is a cool killer by design but she is out classed by many other killers.

I was thinking that perhaps the add on 'Rule set number 2' should not be an add on at all and that it should be a standard trait of The Pig's traps. This would add a little more anxiety into the mix because you wont actually know where you need to be. However if this were to be the case perhaps some add ons would need to be tweaked, such as an extra Billy box because it will no doubt take survivors longer to find them, in turn making their odds of survival even lower.

If not the first idea I think the traps should remain inactive in chase and while on hooks but the whole not activated until a gen is done while they're wearing it thing needs to be scrapped. At high level play gens get 99'd which is a fair enough strat and all that but I just think its a little dumb, just my opinion though.

The final one would be to have the timer reduced to 2 mins standard and to have 'tampered timer' make it a 1 min 30 second timer.

You'll notice that a lot of these suggestions are to make the traps more deadly because that is their purpose in the SAW films, to kill the one wearing it. I understand that the developers want these traps to be time wasters but I would like them to be a mix of the two because they're basically a gimmick.

Comments

  • They mostly sound like pretty good ideas to me. The only thing I would change: instead of traps being activated automatically, make it so survivors cannot search Jigsaw boxes until their trap is activated. 
  • I agree with adding Rule set number 2 to the base kit (that's the one that hides the aura right?). I also think the aura should have a timer. I can't tell you how many times as survivor I have started towards the next box and changed to another because of a chase or whatever. If they had a timer, say 10-15 seconds after activate on trap, then 10-15 seconds on each billy box complete, I think that would add some excitement to the mini-game. Those timings would need some testing for balance of course, but I think it would be fun.

  • Yes, it hides the auras until the trap is activated.

  • The second idea is the only way for her traps to work as intended.... in the current state competent survivors dont feel threatened by her traps so when the timer isnt going they just work on a gen which does not waste time... the idea was to pull survivors from the gens so it slows the game down but does not necessarily kill the survivors which I agree with (if alls you had to do is put the trap on the survivors head and they died all time how much fun would the game be?)... the only way you're truly going to force the survivors away from the gens like the devs intended for the traps to work is having timer start right after their saved... if rule set 2 is implemented into the kit it's only going to encourage doing a gen so the survivor can see the boxes that is not stalling the game 
  • Lot's of things need to happen to The Pig.

    • She should be able to the the timer of the RBTs
    • Survivors can't get their RBT off if it's not activated
    • Survivors can't find the key in the first Jigsaw Box they search
    • Survivors get an instant Game Over when entering the hatch with the RBT on
    • Rules Set 2 and Combat Straps need to be part of her base kit.
    • Her addons Amanda's Letter and Amanda's Secret needs reworks

    (This is taken from an old post that I made)
    Amanda's Secret

    • Removes the charging sound of The Pig's ambush. (the lion roar will be removed but Amanda's scream would still be heard)
    • Moderately increases the Ambush Attack charge time.
    • Slightly decreases the Ambush Attack miss cooldown.
      *** Stacks**

    Amanda's Letter

    • While crouched, see outlines of Survivors within 12 metres of range.
    • Ambush Attack speed is increased by 15%
    • Slightly increases the lunge of the Ambush Attack.
    • Reduces available Reverse Bear Traps by 2.

    Amanda's Secret will make Ambush Attack stealthier and Amanda's Letter will make it deadlier.

  • I don't think she requires a lunge buff it seems like they have it where it needs to be it has good distance and is fairly fast; however I feel the sound is a bit out of place and doesn't really fit. I think her RBTs need more love than her add ons at this point in time.