Does anyone feel that if you're pro-survivor you get shamed or your idea gets shot down?
I'm just gonna say it how it is, this forum usually consists of killer mains requesting/suggesting buff ideas to killers and perks, or complaining about survivors' meta perks.
I'm not saying killer mains shouldn't voice their minds but it seems like the replies they get are usually tame and civil. people have a format of telling them "I don't agree with you and here is why..." and it's nice to see people have a substantial conversation. But if the post is regarding survivors, it gets kinda crazy.
For instance, if i made a post named "stop complaining about facecamping", I'd see general support in the replies from killers, maybe some survivors but mostly killers.
Now, if i made a post that said "Stop complaining about Dead Hard" or "DS is balanced". instead of them opening their mind, and looking at the other side's point of view, the replies lowkey get rude. some of the common replies you'll see are.
"found the survivor main lol"
"Survivors complain about everything."
"git gud"
"well dont run (Perk name(s)) then."
"But when survivors do it."
etc.
Look I'm not trying to call killer mains out or anything. This is just an observation I've made. If a discussion is about a perk or mechanic for one side, it's ok to make references to the other side, a good example of this would be "I understand that DS + Unbreakable is a really powerful combo, but so is Enduring + Spirit Fury." Or vice versa.
Not to mention when any form of toxicity is discussed of survivors, killers will support the OP, as they should. But when a survivor comes on the forums to talk about killers being toxic, there is always this mindset that ALL KILLER PLAYERS are saints, and that the survivor did something to insinuate that toxicity. Youtube is also making SWF seem like a toxic thing, because a few SWF wanted to be ######### and teabag. In a good half of my games, when the killer concludes I'm playing with friends, they behave like jerks just becasue we're SWF. That doesn't equal a bully death squad. We are just playing for fun.
Not to mention when a survivor is chasing the killer with a flashlight, it's seen as toxic. Maybe they're just trying to go for a flashlight save? Tru3 and Monto usually have some passive aggressive comments when they're in the process of being blinded or get blinded. I don't understand how trying to save a teammates makes me an ######### and ends up with me getting facecamped, but getting tunnel mori'd is completely fine.
Sorry for the rant, not calling out killer mains as a whole. I just don't feel as though my opinion as a survivor main matters as much as a killer main's opinion, it just sucks.
Comments
I've belonged to this forum and the main DBD PC Facebook group and both have been killer-main dominated, IME.
Generally it is hard to have a killer main dominated platform because it’s like 80/20 so it’s virtually i possible, but it’s all the low level killers and survivors that are whining like little bitches because they can’t do something anymore
You hit the nail on the head. The double standards on these forums and in the community in general are very very real, and it mostly comes from one side in my experience.
I play both roles, I see far more killer nerf, complaint and general negative feedback threads daily from survivor mains on here.
Yes I do see baby killers cry about survivor perks but not as much as I see them complain about toxic swf teams or the god awful match making.
The threads today alone have largely been all survivor threads and that one wacko doo asking about a refund. Last week was Freddy is boring week and oh look today we had another Freddy thread asking to swap his powers...
I hate that the player base is so close minded and split and most of the time I feel like people are here to just low key try and get one side or the other nerfed into the ground instead of trying to learn different playstyles.
Between the problems with the game and the problems with this community I feel so run ragged just dealing with everything I read here and experience in game.
I use to killer main last year and then I switched to survivor main and now I flip flop. Long story short people see what they want to even If it is not really there.
No one can change your mind on any topic you deem "hot" and you will not be able to change others views here.
At the end of the day I will leave you this question you just played a match, all five gens are done. No ed is in play due to bones not getting done. Everyone gets downed and the killer walks away with a 4k. Did he deserve the win or did your team deserve the win since you all got the gens done ?
Not a bait or start an argument question.