Make skill checks visually on client side

I have no idea why it is decided that the visual cue for skill checks are still based on the network. It is always different each game and 98% of the time is very laggy.

Fix some timestamp and some verification on the server. No reason to drag in networking in a visual cue.

Comments

  • Yeah, they are based on network, but i don't have any problem with them. My network is pretty stable, i always play with a green ping (30-50 ms).

    I understand that some people with a bad network have problems with skill checks and they should make them client side, but still, if you have a pretty bad network and your ping goes from 50 to 200, please don't play killer, no one wants getting hit from a mile away.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    I was under the impression that skill checks are, and always have been, client side. It would definitely be good to get confirmation from a staff member though.

    A mod said on a thread that they are network based a few days ago

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1268783#Comment_1268783

    That's interesting! Thank you for letting me know.

    I saw someone on the Steam forums say they were still client side recently.

    Maybe @KhaineGB can confirm this, i don't want to spread fake informations