Why killers perks aren't good with the killer?

I was trying to do adept plague and Holy moly she is terrible, her perks have no map pressure and imo are pretty much useless or weak, and her power itself is weak.

I also noticed that killers like doctor, at least one of his perks aren't powerful with he, I am talking about monitor and abuse, why should I use it with him? My main way to find survivors is when I have a big terror radious what makes it easier to find then, I mean, I could use it while in a chase but it's not too effective.

Comments

  • I do think it's weird when killers have perks that aren't useful on them. Monitor being a big one. I don't think plagues on that list because infectious procs with corrupt purge and intervention is just good. Dark devotion is definitely a unique perk, had it's uses but definitely not as much on plague herself but it certainly isn't entirely useless or anything. Atleast plague has some synergy with a slow early game and snowball. If you want bad go look at demogorgon. Surge doesn't even apply on shred downs! The killers own mechanics work against its perks in a similar way to doctor and monitor.

  • If you want to see a bad killer+perk combo then look at Huntress. Not only are her perks terrible, but they also don't work on her.

    Beast of Prey - throwing a hatchet removes bloodlust. Unless you plan on chasing the survivors for 15+ seconds without using a hatchet you won't get anything out of this.

    Territorial Imperative - could potentially catch some one going for the chest, I guess. But only if you are over 32 meters away. Have fun running all the way over to the basement and searching for a survivor who may have already left. 110% speed btw

    Hex: Huntress Lullaby - only becomes useful after hooking multiple survivors. 40 meter warning + 110% movement speed. Good luck defending this long enough to get stacks.

  • If you want the adept you gotta get the killer In the first two weeks before people know the countermeasures

    And get lucky on a rank 20 potato squad