Let’s talk about NOED...
I am a survivor main. I see a lot of people complaining about NOED and I will say that yes, it’s super frustrating at times. It can quickly turn a bust game into a 4K for the killer with absolutely no effort or skill.
That being said, I don’t think it needs a nerf. In fact, I don’t think it needs to be changed at all. What I do think needs to happen is a small totem counter on screen from the beginning of the game. For me, it’s not about laziness- although I’m sure a lot of survivors just don’t care to do totems. I like doing them, and will seek them out often throughout the game. It’s nice to have a side-objective and not just do generators the entire time. However, I often play solo Q, and I think that’s where the issue with this perk is.
I have absolutely no idea which teammates have and have not already cleansed a totem. I think NOED is fine, but Solo Q is tough enough as it is- there’s little to no communication. A totem counter would be very useful, honestly for both sides.
Survivors would know how many totems remain on the map, it’s up to them to take initiate to find and cleanse them. Otherwise, they pay the price for it.
Killers will be able to strategize better- three gens are done and they can already see that there’s no totems remaining? They now know that their NOED won’t come of use in this trial, and they can plan around it.
I know a lot of killers value NOED and honestly, some killers just need it. Fine, I can accept that. We can keep the perk exactly how it is. But please, for the love of God, create some type of fluency for the 4 solo Q survivors so that they can at least TRY to make the effort of getting rid of all of the totems before EGC.
Comments