New form of 1vs1
I have made another post discussing the concept of a new form of 1vs1, that provides a little more story to this. Link to that post: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/151525/a-discussion-about-a-possible-new-form-of-1vs1#latest This is actually the idea I had.
Before the introduction of The Endgame Collapse the Survivor had the ability to hold the game hostage by not working on Generators or not even going for the Hatch if it had already spawned. After the introduction of The Endgame Collapse that ability was thankfully removed. But it did remove something else that I really loved: the thrill of 1vs1 in which all odds are against me. And the old Left Behind Perk was my favorite Perk for that reason, so I had a small chance of pulling it off. I do understand that when the Killer closes the Hatch now that can be considered a 1vs1, but it simply doesn’t do it for me. I would also like to say that I am aware why The Endgame Collapse was put in place. Often when 3 Survivors were killed and the Hatch had not spawned the last Survivor would just run at the Killer to get the game over with, but sometimes the last Survivor would just play a game of hide and seek taking the game hostage. It was incredibility unfair that the last Survivor had that power. The Endgame Collapse took that away but in my opinion it took a real 1vs1 away as well. So what I am about to propose is of course from a biased point of view, I am aware of that. Therefore I am posting this here so people can point out the unfairness and/or flaws in my proposal.
Here is my proposal:
When the 3rd Survivor is killed and only 1 Survivor is left the following happens:
· The last Survivor gets 1500 Bloodpoints in the Survival category, this Score Event is called: ‘Last Man Standing’.
· The Killer gets 1500 Bloodpoints in the Hunter category, this Score Event is called: ‘Only One Left’.
· The Hatch will spawn and open and the Survivor can escape through the Hatch.
When the Killer closes the Hatch the following happens:
· A big shockwave goes over the entire map.
· Because of this shockwave all Generators gain 20% of their total progression, so all Generators that are 80% or more completed are instantly finished, in theory all Generators can be fully completed when the Killer closes the Hatch. (to give the Survivor a little hope and encouragement).
· All the Bloodpoints of the Generators when the Killer closes the Hatch are not given to the Survivor.
· Stillness Crows appear 50% faster when the Survivor is outside the Killer’s Terror Radius.
· Change the current Score Event Tenacious (Obtained after repairing a Generator when the Hatch is open) to: ‘Obtained after repairing a Generator when you’re the last Survivor remaining in the Trial’.
· A 4 minute countdown starts.
· When the 4 minute countdown expires the last Survivor is immediately sacrificed.
· This timer is only shown to the Survivor.
· Both the Killer and the Survivor receive audio cues (and maybe visual cues too) each time when 25% of the timer has expired.
· When the Survivor is inside the Killer’s Terror Radius the timer is slowed down by 25% (that is why the timer is only shown to the Survivor).
· When the Survivor is inside the Killer’s Terror Radius for 60 seconds, the Killer receives a audio cue that the Survivor is close by (this is to prevent the Survivor from wasting too much time).
· The Survivor can reset the 60 second timer by working on Generators for a minimum of 15 seconds (If you are in the Killer’s Terror Radius for 10 seconds and you haven’t worked on Generators for 15 seconds, the next time you enter the Terror Radius you have only 50 seconds left before the Killer is notified that you are near).
· If the Survivor manages to remain hidden inside the Killer’s Terror Radius after the Killer has been notified that the Survivor is nearby, after another 60 seconds the Survivor’s aura will be shown to the Killer for 2 second every 10 seconds.
· When the Survivor finishes a Generator the 4 minute timer restarts.
· When (if) the Survivor finishes the last Generator The Endgame Collapse begins.
With my proposal I would like to see Left Behind changed back again: You’ll get the job done… No matter the cost. If you are the last Survivor remaining in the Trial, for each Generator that needs to be completed, gain a 55/65/75 % bonus to Repair speed. "I'm not horse-shittin' around. I'm doing this alone!".
The current Left Behind could still be a Perk on its own, maybe the current Left Behind and the old Left behind can be combined to have both effects: the repair speed and the aura reading.
That is my idea, I hope that my design won’t allow for the Survivor to hold the game hostage and to not make the game go on for too long. The only time were the game could go on for a decent amount of time is if the Survivor manages to do all 5 Generators alone, but then the Survivor is not holding the game hostage and is actually trying.
So, what do you all think? Do you think this is fair? Do you think that what I proposed is good as it is? Do you think that it has flaws? I would love to hear what you think.
Thank you for reading.
Comments
This sounds like what we already have.... except the doors can't be opened... so they just kind of die.