How does Entity choose survivors?

I can see Killers are taken for being Killers but what makes it choose specific survivors?

For example, Meg. She's an athlete who has been caring for her sick mother. What about her life cursed her to join the campfire? Is it just random people it takes..or something further?

Comments

  • My guess is whoever's available on Craig's list

  • They're chosen if they're hopeful from what I know. That's what the entity feeds on after all, hope.

  • She chooses the ones with more faith

    The entity feeds of survivor hope of escaping, thats why there are generators and exits

    Meg has hope her mom will get better and she will have a normal life again

  • The Entity feeds on strong emotions of all kinds. That's why all survivors and all killers (maybe except for Myers but licensed killers aren't canon anyways I suppose) have emotional backgrounds of some sort.

  • @Dolls said:

    I can see Killers are taken for being Killers but what makes it choose specific survivors?

    For example, Meg. She's an athlete who has been caring for her sick mother. What about her life cursed her to join the campfire? Is it just random people it takes..or something further?

    I believe Meg didn't want that life. It was sadly given to her.

    Claudette to me, she wanted knowledge.

    Dwight wanted something different, anything really.

    Jake as well, he wanted to be freed from all burden from his family.

    Jane, she's deeply depressed and I'm sure she wanted out.

    David wanted a challenge.

    My theories.