How effective has the recent update been
I wanted to see what other people's opinions were regarding all of the map & gen speed changes that have recently occurred in the latest patch. The newest patch changed some very strong loops into weaker ones, fixed some map sizes, tweaked tiles a bit, & increased the penalty of survivors working together on gens. What opinions do you guys have on these changes & how effective do you think they were?
Personally, I think a majority of the changes are actually great for the health of the game. I'm still indecisive on how effective the gen speed changes were, but any change is better than no change so I can't complain. Some other maps definitely need resizing & tile/strong loop adjustments, but the devs said more changes will probably be coming in the future.
*Keep it peaceful. I would love to hear opinions from all sorts of players (killer/survivor mains & those who play both sides).
Comments
Red ranks both sides here. But I play more killer.
I'm still getting used to the changes. I cancelled a chase in Groaning Storehouse because I forgot that they changed the god loop.
You feel the nerf to the gen speed if there are 2+ people on it but that was needed. But I use Prove Thyself on my Dwight, so I can ignore that if I play him.
Overall I'm fine with the changes.
I cant say Im noticing that much of a difference playing either side.
I was never an abuser of infinites in the first place and the most effective way of doing gens fast was to have every survivor on their own gen and it still is.
the speed decrease for gens when 2 people are on it also does not feel like a big deal, I basically dont notice it playing either side.
But that is probably good, subtle changes and if needed those can be pushed a bit further.
Big chances lead to stuff like Freddy's rework and that was imo just horrible all around.
I honestly haven't noticed alot of change ingame,although I know that soloQ got worse,alot.
Not noticing too much of a difference. Temple of Purgation feels rough. I like the size now, but it feels like every possible loop has a pallet, and it's a slog to get through.
Iron Works isn't a nightmare with that god loop anymore, thankfully.
@zone_dymo I don't agree on the part about Freddy's rework, but I see where you're coming from lol
It didn't go quite as far as I had hoped, but I also think Preschool is a lot more broken than most of the community does. Survivors still have control over the pace of games. Spread out, do gens individually, and last more than 15 seconds in a chase. It's a win if you can do that. Most survivors can't/won't though.