Basically Cheated Out of A Game. Again.
A quick recap of before this wonderful and exciting gameplay: I'm running Bubba, he hits a wall with his chainsaw, and his tantrum into a wall as well, and after the whole animation, before he even could have started a chainsaw again, downs me from uninjured by... standing there?
This could have worked for a 2 or 3k basement kill... if I had been playing solo queue. He was running insidious, that way had I not been able to communicate, the other survivors would have no idea I was there. So, this killer could have gotten maybe 10k BP by camping, chainsawing, and rehooking anyone who got unhooked, because on my death, he already had just over 3k. Sure, he depips or deranks, the killer is punished for camping (kind of), but the first survivor he saw gets tunneled down and despite having run without taking a hit for almost 30 seconds, the first 30 seconds in the game, that survivor gets punished for what? getting caught once within the first minute of a game and telling teammates "don't bother, he's insidious camping. just finish the gens as fast as possible so you can get out before he tries to get anyone else."
There's a difference between doing nothing in a whole match, and not being able to do anything because you were unlucky enough to be scene once, and hooked once, and died within the first 2 minutes because there was no reason for anyone to feed into the camping. I depip because I don't get to play the match. Sure, DS is great for countering tunneling, and my friend has BT which counters camping usually, but why bother if all BT is gonna do is get me out of basement and my friend on the hook? And it's not like DS helps because you got camped and didnt get saved. And sure, I could have actually tried to unhook myself, but I gave my friends the most time possible to finish gens and get out of the match.
The game is fun but it is far from perfect. Especially when killers doing this still get at least twice as many BP as the survivor just because they got the down and got the hook. On top of that, how the hell does anyone have fun when this is how the killer plays? How does the killer even have fun? After he messaged my friends saying they were trash bc they left their teammate to die, and turns out he was doing it for a challenge or achievement, but if that's how you're going for completing it, then you don't deserve to complete it. You can get your 4 basement hooks in one game by playing the game, not by sitting and waiting for the achievement to come to you.
Comments