Haddonfield is just unfun
just unfun and needs a rework, so many fences and hedges blocking pathways or faster routes let alone every building being pretty safe as you can just vault the top floor windows without a worry. it needs more holes within the houses and hedges etc.
Comments
Its just my most hated map, its to the point i might just DC because its not fun to play on. like sure some killers its not as bad but like you say for others its just awful and id rather not have a boring match where theres no skill in 90% of the map just run up and through the windows till bloodlust. but since i play every killer some matches i just accept im not going to do well on, i dont mind any other map but that one is just stupid. there needs to be a quick way down for killer (broken wall or drop)
Agreed, almost 85% of pallets are pretty safe and require the killer to break them. The gens in the houses are pretty safe to work on and the fences and hedges are literally the worst. I am very surprised this map wasn’t touched in the update, most of the other maps feel fairly balanced.
hawking is fine as survivor, like okay it is harder i admit that as its not my strongest survivor map but at least some skill can be used to create loops, avoid the killer etc. but haddonfield is broken tbh.
My biggest issue is the houses, like some pallets are a pain but killers like huntress, deathslinger can counter them and others can still mindgame but when you have super long hedges and fences theres no quick path to anything meaning people get distance and then the houses, well theyre just safe loops you have to either run round or take the long way back down the stairs by which time the survivor is in a new house to repeat it or long gone
Is Hawkins really that killer-sided? I really don't think it is, personally. I actually like the map, whether I'm playing survivor or killer. I feel like I have as much of a chance of escaping as survivor as I do winning as killer, and it and Lery's are maps that I actually enjoy playing on. The same cannot be said for Haddonfield.
Yes, Hawkins is small, and lacks windows/vault locations (except for on the catwalks). But that's really all it has against it. Killers that do well on Hawkins do just as well on maps like Lery's, The Game, and Haddonfield--namely Doctor, Hillbilly, Freddy, e.t.c., so that can't really be used as a counter point.
I think the problem is that survivors generally don't know how to properly loop on Hawkins. The catwalks are pretty good, the entire upper area has good potential, and there are a LOT of pallets. There are two generators that take extra effort for the killer to reach as well--which is huge, considering that those two generators can easily be completed early, or left for late game where it's much harder for the killer to patrol them. Not to mention that it's truly difficult for survivors to 3-gen themselves on Hawkins, which makes the killer's job late game much harder.
Haddonfield, on the other hand.... yuck. I don't think I've done well on that map as any killer, and I like to think that I have a decent amount of skill and map knowledge. And I somehow only go against Freddys on that map as survivor, so it makes me hate it even more. In my opinion, it is one of the most boring and uninteractive maps in the game.... 😤
The only time i like haddiesfield is when im trapper. Some of those rooftops can only be acessed by vaulting a window. If i trap that they literally cant disarm it unless they step in it.
I hate the long walls but other than that the space between gens doesn't seem particularly massive.
Haddonfield isn't even that bad though? If you want a truly painful survivor friendly map, go do five straight games at Mount Ormond. And if you're playing deathslinger and can aim well enough, I'd just laugh at survivors trying to be cocky on Haddonfield. I main Plague and I just have a field day on that map.
LOL most of the maps are survivor-sided. In fact, I don't think any of the maps are truly killer-sided. Although, some are definitely harder for survivors to play on.
Dang I actually liked playing on Haddonfield and Hawkins.
Trust me i want to enjoy it, Halloween is my favorite classic horror so having myers and the map is amazing but the map really isnt balanced enough for high rank play. iv had this game for so many years and i play both sides alot, so much so i can list pretty most pallets and tile spawns on most maps from memory and the biggest issue on the map is the houses and longer fences/hedges which restrict killer movement unlike every other map, building need to be changed like in badam. But yeah i like hawkings too, well i like every map but haddon haha