Deliverance change idea?

Don't get me wrong, I love my deliverance as is and think it's not terribly unbalanced, but what about this as a slight balance to the perk (being first hooked isn't as bad with deliverance):

  • Start the match with the perk half activated
  • Fully activated = 100% chance to pull off hook
  • Fully deactivated = 0% addtional chance, still leaves 4%.
  • Each time you unhook a survivor safely, increase chance of pulling oneself off the hook by 50%.
  • Each time you unhook a survivor and the unhook is not safe, you lose 25%.

Comments

  • Sorry, forgot to mention, this basically makes it so just by bringing the perk you have a 50% chance to unhook. This is meant to make you really consider when to unhook as it punishes you if you mess up. Also, if you're first hooked, you still have way more hope.

  • I'm sure many will welcome change, you can't pull yourself off a hook twice.

    So why not?

  • I think it’s fine the way it is.

    1) It requires a smart play to activate (safe unhook). At the very least, you’re probably bringing in BT so if you decide to farm a teammate they’re not instantly boned.

    2) Can only be used ONCE per match, and ONLY if requisite is met.

    3) Offers a great reward, and it gives you a “penalty“ (Broken status) to compensate.


    This is arguably the most balanced game-changing perk.

  • @Rey_512 said:

    I think it’s fine the way it is.

    1) It requires a smart play to activate (safe unhook). At the very least, you’re probably bringing in BT so if you decide to farm a teammate they’re not instantly boned.

    2) Can only be used ONCE per match, and ONLY if requisite is met.

    3) Offers a great reward, and it gives you a “penalty“ (Broken status) to compensate.

    This is arguably the most balanced game-changing perk.

    Balanced? Sure. Most? Definitely not. It's a complete hit-or-miss. I think the perk is fine as is, it's just an alternate idea to make it more balanced. The same reward ensues from a safe unhook, but this makes you be extra sure it is a safe unhook. On top of that, this idea makes it so it's not a total hit-or-miss perk. It still grants you 50% even if you are the first hooked.

    A perk like deliverance is all or nothing, not saying it's even going to be used, but if you are hooked first, or all your hooks are unsafe/not saved at all, you won't gain anything from it. I still think the penalty for being broken is a good idea, forgot that part though. It makes you weigh using the perk slightly more. Still wish you could get points for being unhooked tho :/

  • @PassarinoT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1258305#Comment_1258305

    Balanced? Sure. Most? Definitely not. It's a complete hit-or-miss. I think the perk is fine as is, it's just an alternate idea to make it more balanced. The same reward ensues from a safe unhook, but this makes you be extra sure it is a safe unhook. On top of that, this idea makes it so it's not a total hit-or-miss perk. It still grants you 50% even if you are the first hooked.

    A perk like deliverance is all or nothing, not saying it's even going to be used, but if you are hooked first, or all your hooks are unsafe/not saved at all, you won't gain anything from it. I still think the penalty for being broken is a good idea, forgot that part though. It makes you weigh using the perk slightly more. Still wish you could get points for being unhooked tho :/

    Not saying your idea isn’t good but I feel that this perk is fine being an all-or-nothing.

    Killers will definitely complain about survivors having an automatic 50% to unhook yourself, and I feel like it’s too rewarding for not having done anything in the match. Unbreakable already gives you a massive reward without prerequisites so adding more of these would just feed the already strong survivor meta.

  • You should balance the starting unhook chance around Slippery Meat, so Slippery Meat stays the best kobe perk without prerequisites. Since I'm feeling generous, I'll do the math for you and lay it out neatly.

    Slippery Meat: 4% chance with 6 attempts = 1-.96^6 = .217 = 21.7% chance

    Deliverance: 50% chance with 3 attempts = 1-.5^3 = .875 = 87.5% chance

    My idea for Deliverance base increase: 6% chance with 3 attempts = 1-.94^3 = 16.9% chance

    My idea for Deliverance would increase the base chance by about 5% while still being about 5% worse than Slippery Meat. What do you think?