I think the killer should be able to open the gates. I don't see how this could be unfair to either side, and I have been in some circumstances where things could have been interesting if I could just open the gates.
I play on switch and found no way to interact with the gates as a killer, NoED was active because I one shoted the only survivor after they finished the last gen. They played well and just gave up on the ground in front of the gate. I felt (uncharacteristically) bad for them and tried opening the gate for them but found no way to interact with the gate. Maybe I missed something, but there was no indication that I could use the gate switch and I felt like I pushed every button on the controller. If I recall correctly I slugged them while they was in the middle of trying to open the gate. If you can then forgive me I'm kinda new and slightly an idiot.
I play on switch and found no way to interact with the gates as a killer, NoED was active because I one shoted the only survivor after they finished the last gen. They played well and just gave up on the ground in front of the gate. I felt (uncharacteristically) bad for them and tried opening the gate for them but found no way to interact with the gate. Maybe I missed something, but there was no indication that I could use the switch and I felt like I pushed every button on the controller. If I recall correctly I slugged them while they was in the middle of trying to open the gate.
If you already closed the hatch, you cannot open the gate. You can open the gate as killer if Endgame Collapse has not already started.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
cant you?
They already can? When all the gens are completed to start endgame collapse
Killers are already able to open the gates when the last generator is completed.
I play on switch and found no way to interact with the gates as a killer, NoED was active because I one shoted the only survivor after they finished the last gen. They played well and just gave up on the ground in front of the gate. I felt (uncharacteristically) bad for them and tried opening the gate for them but found no way to interact with the gate. Maybe I missed something, but there was no indication that I could use the gate switch and I felt like I pushed every button on the controller. If I recall correctly I slugged them while they was in the middle of trying to open the gate. If you can then forgive me I'm kinda new and slightly an idiot.
If you already closed the hatch, you cannot open the gate. You can open the gate as killer if Endgame Collapse has not already started.
Oh crap that was probably what happened, thank you.