Iridescent head add-on rework (The way it should be)
First I will tell you how it will work and then I will tell you why its a great option.
Iridescent Head will still insta-down, reduce hatchets by 4, and be compatible with extra hatchet add-ons.
Iridescent Head is a mighty, but hard to wield hatchet head. Once pulled out it will peak in throwing power, but then steeply decline in power. Holding the hatchet for too long will result in a very slow and low power throw with a wide arc. Canceling the Iridescent Head hatchet will result in a slightly steeper and longer speed reduction than a normal hatchet.
This would be a great change as most iridescent head users tend to hold hatchets long and cancel them often with no punishment. I'm not saying killers add-ons should punish them, but I think this change would reward a skilled huntress in a way that is interactive for both sides. Anecdotally, most good huntress's don't currently run Iridescent head because it makes the game quite boring. And huntress's that do use it, use it with infantry belt and an ebony mori because somebody hurt them and they want to take it out on a random group of survivors.
This change would see skilled huntress's actually bring the add-on and skilled survivors not feel completely helpless against it. BTW, there may be shots that this hatchet could make that normal ones couldn't because of the arc change.
Comments
I understand your point, but I don't think that changing it to modify the hatchet's throwing power or arc would dissuade the toxic Huntresses, as they would instead just roll up on someone, pull out a hatchet and instantly bean them in the back with no issue, which they already do with the addon in it's current state. And I don't think that anyone with any amount of awareness would be hit by a hatchet that is slower-moving and flying in an arc towards them. I think that a much better rework for the Iridescent Head would be to either A. Make it incompatible with additional carrying capacity addons or B. Change it to only be an instant down past a certain distance, e.g. 16-20 meters, similar to the Deathslinger's Iridescent Coin.
I don't have many issues with toxic huntress's. Most iri head users are actually quite bad and thats why they are using it. They wouldn't be able to 'roll up on someone' because they would need timing. I can almost always dodge a hatchet unless I'm in the open and they hold it for 15 years. I do think the devs will probably go with your plan B because it would require the least programming. My idea would require a lot of code for just one add-on. I had originally thought to have this be a huntress rework that would apply to all hatchets, but it seemed like a nerf on a killer thats in a decent spot already.
Iri coin is useless tho..I wouldnt look to that as a fair change
I still feel iri heads are way overrated
I personally have never used Iridescent Coin, but I would say that it is useless because of Deathslinger's harpoon range being only 18 meters, and the Coin is only past 15 meters, only giving him a 3 meter range to use it. I don't think it would be an issue for Huntress since she has unlimited range!
The real issue is..when will you ever hit a competant player from that far in chase..? Let's be real here ^^; 15 meters is quite a throw
I think what it comes down to is that Iridescent Head would only be seen on competent, skilled Huntresses, who can catch survivors unaware and land hatchet throws when they're not expecting it :-) And it would bring Huntress back to what I feel she was meant to be.... sudden death whirling out of nowhere!
I actually just had a fun little idea for iri heads if you wanna look