Bullying new players due to extremely bad matchmaking
I don't know about anyone else here but I'm getting tired of seeing new low ranking survivors/killers getting completely bullied by higher ranked players just because the matchmaking for this game is so bad that it can barely even be called a matchmaking system.
I've just started playing again after several months of inactivity and was dropped down to rank 17, in only a few hours of playing I'm already back up to rank 12 but in those few hours alone I've seen 3 killers all rank 19-20 rage in post game chat and say they're done with the game because of the fact that they're being made to play against high ranked players.
This is not an issue with people playing in groups either, it's an issue with matchmaking just throwing any 5 players into a match ragardless of their rank resulting in newer players getting bullied by players who are far more experienced at the game than them and making them lose the will to actually try to learn the game and improve.
This issue is not new either, this has been going on for months, it was happening for well over a month before I took a several break from the game and this makes me wonder if this level of bad matchmaking is either intentional or if the devs just can't or won't actually fix it.
Comments
It's really not fun for me either side. It's unfair and I always feel bad. As survivor, I'll often give them hits/hooks and or let them sacrifice me at the end.
As killer, I'll either slug them to give more opportunities for them to chase, swing too early, pretend I lost them etc.
It's especially cute tho when they hide and a big ol' arm is just sticking out completely visible. Is okay dweet, I definitely don't see you xD
I definately have a high respect for killers who seeing a survivor is new and definately missmatched into their game decides to give them as much chance as possible to survive and keep learning how to improve.
I do agree though that it's not really fair on either side which is why i feel this is an issue that really does need to be addressed otherwise the game is going to reach a point where no new players stick around and the game reaches it's end far sooner than it otherwise would.
Without new players joining and keeping the game alive as long time players start drifting away from the game then the playerbase will slowly dwindle even when there is still more content that can be added, I've seen it happen with several other games and I would not like to see it happen to this game.