What this game needs is better tutorial

When playing as survivor I think two things

1- I am not playing DBD, I am on a potato farm look at that teammates.

2- who needs the killer with teammates like these that mess up skill checks so hard sometimes.

How I think tutorial could be improved:

Survivors: teach about flashlight saving, pallet saving, look behind while in a chase and introduce looping.

Killers: tech about loops, introduce how to track survivors by crows, teach to not camp using the perk borrowed time as reason.

To both: teach technical stuff like, how much time to finish a gen, how much time takes to the killer end the pickup animation and things like that

Comments

  • @USELESS said:

    When playing as survivor I think two things

    1- I am not playing DBD, I am on a potato farm look at that teammates.

    2- who needs the killer with teammates like these that mess up skill checks so hard sometimes.

    How I think tutorial could be improved:

    Survivors: teach about flashlight saving, pallet saving, look behind while in a chase and introduce looping.

    Killers: tech about loops, introduce how to track survivors by crows, teach to not camp using the perk borrowed time as reason.

    To both: teach technical stuff like, how much time to finish a gen, how much time takes to the killer end the pickup animation and things like that

    I too would like to see a "advance" tutorial that unlocks after doing the regular one.

    Maybe we should also have a DBD hotline that unlocks after the "advanced tutorial" that plays calming music to help with the rage people have once they start playing ^.^

  • @MegaWaffle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/149496/what-this-game-needs-is-better-tutorial

    I too would like to see a "advance" tutorial that unlocks after doing the regular one.

    Maybe we should also have a DBD hotline that unlocks after the "advanced tutorial" that plays calming music to help with the rage people have once they start playing ^.^

    In the advanced tutorial the bots could teabag and hit you on hook as a gentle introduction to your dbd future

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1251988#Comment_1251988

    In the advanced tutorial the bots could teabag and hit you on hook as a gentle introduction to your dbd future

    I just picture a museum setup where you have exhibits of each survivor tbagging and another with each killer face camping, hahaha.

  • The main thing I want is to be able to go into the maps alone, helping me learn about different loops.

    Maybe even an individual tutorial for each survivor and killer.

  • All the yes to a better tutorial system!

    I'd like to think I'm a decent survivor, got hundreds of hours on survivor alone and watched many content creators that know the game through and through, but I still struggle with certain aspects, mostly the flashlight saves.

    If only there was a way you could practice them without having to form a KYF lobby with at least 2 others willing to waste their time teaching you something.

    It's pretty ridiculous that a rank 1 survivor (me), who's supposed to be the best of the best completely fails every flashlight save...

  • What advanced tutorial should have:

    • Basic understanding of aura reading
    • All of the current status effects
    • Usage of items
    • Usage of x killer power
  • Or an offline mode. DBD mobile has bots, why not the main game?

  • This is really needed, let's bring the topic back