Ranking System is Garbage

Played 5 games at rank 5.

Won all 5 games.

Lowest score was 15690

Highest Score was 26,320

I ranked Up and Down every game.

After 5 games of wins I am still the exact same Rank.

https://imgur.com/il5MX3w

6th game was photo another derank killer decided to afk. I was talking with killer trying to understand this stupid system. So because killer decided to derank and afk, I get punished and derank? WOW just WOW what a GREAT System.

Also if your rank 20-11 you lose and you rank up. If you get a certain amount of points you just rank up for free. The game has almost no skill. Yet if I go get 27k points endgame above rank 10 and don't escape I de-pip I lose.

This is the worst system I have ever seen. By far. Imagine going to a chess tornament then giving gold to second player. Bronze to First. Imagine playing a chess game in public betting $10 and tthe loser keeps the money. Thats the ranking system you have designed. It is garbage. Absolute Garbage.

Comments

  • What's the definition of losing or winning?

    And the ranking system is focused on doing a bunch instead of only escaping/killing. It got changed that way.

    Question: How would you change THIS system (without going back)?

  • I just deranked with 24k points. 6 rescues 2 gens. Just wow why?

    Its such an easy fix. Heres just one idea that I thought of in less then 60 seconds.

    • You rank up for wins and derank for loss.
    • Your blood points are only awarded if you score above 10,000 to 15,000 points.
    • If you score less then 10,000 to 15,000 points only then you get zero bloodpoints. Also you are NOT awarded profile level up or any other reward including but not limited to Irdescent Shards.
    • Each game for when a player is over 10,000 to 15,000 points it pays 5-15 Irdescent Shards Based on overall performance.
    • Killer is awarded reduces points for tunneling the same player. Although they can and are welcome to Tunnel 1 player if that their strategy - they just get heavily reduced points 50% less for finding the same survivor etc. (This is really important. With this change Survivors can get their bloodpoints in other ways!!! Then won't feel as victimised for being tunneled for 5 gens, and then getting 8k bloodpoints and dieing on hook while your team walks away with 20k points for doing gens a free pip up occasionally (getting random boldness points as you run past, coop points, etc and the poor guy who ran for 5 gens deranks and gets punished. That is the current system) . I feel killers really have a lot of advantanges as it is, whether its 1 shot hatched huntress or permeant t3 myers. So honestly this isnt an issue for most killers. Just a couple that love to facecamp entire game really destroys the fun factor and makes the after game really toxic. So not giving as high a reward for this behaviour for killers is a really welcomed change.
    • Optional Extra I would love to see: Players hiding suffer SOME FORM % of a points deterioration every 1 minute they don't move
    • Optional Extra I would love to see: Players who repeat the same task suffer % of points deterioration every 80 seconds (1 Generator). So 2nd generator they receive 10%-25% less points. This effect or debuff is reset instantly once altruism points, boldness points, or survival points (stunning the killer is survival or full mended) has been obtained. Same applies vise versa. This encourages players to be more interactive and save team mates or interact with killer more.
    • Final Change is that there is 25 Ranks. Ranks 25-20 are immune from down ranking. And every rank up takes 7 Pips with NO safety pips whatsoever. The reset on 13th is now 50%. Players can

    This honestly took me 60 seconds to think of. And makes for a way more fun game. Read on and you'll see why.

    Possible Concerns from others:

    You may think oh but then people will just ditch people for exits who don't care about bloodpoints or Irdescent Shards. Unfortunately thats true. And do you know what? You can still do that right now. And you get rewarded for it with Blood Points and Shards. This idea I am suggesting encourages teamwork. Encourages interaction with killer. Stops rewarding bad behaviour like afking or hiding. And reduces the killer tunneling people making for a super toxic end game.

  • Okay im confused... You want to change ranking system... Yet you change bloodpoints gains in more ways than ranking system.

    And again, what is a win or a lose? Is it like Identity V when if killer has 3 kills or more its a win, 1 kill or less its a lose and 2 is a draw?

    Or is it just escaping and killer getting x kills. (btw this is just going back to the victory cube)