Open Handed Buff to Almost Meta *Updated*

Open Handed

During your life, you have learned to improve your own skills and notice what others do not see.

Your Perks Effects duration are increased by 40%.
Aura reading range increased by 4/6/8 meters for You and Your Allies.
If the Killer sees your aura, you get a Sound Alert. (cooldown?)


the Perk effects and Status Effects are two different things! Don't mix them up please!

How does my version of perk work:

  1. Babysitter gives its effect for a maximum of 8 seconds (which, incidentally, is very small). With my version of the Perk it will be 11.2 seconds, which is much better, I think?.
  2. Lucky Break - from 180 to 252 seconds. (Here you might think that my idea is too op. However, Lucky Break is weak, it turns out if Open Handed was the way I imagined it, then a bunch of Lucky Break and my Open Handed would be wonderful!).
  3. Better together - from 10 to 14 seconds. Dance with me - from 3 to 4.2 seconds. Off the Record - from 80 to 112 seconds. Camaraderie - from 34 to 47.6 seconds. Alert - from 5 to 7 seconds.


The feature that increases the duration of the perks effects is fairly honest, since this opportunity can turn some weak perks into stronger ones and this effect only affects you and cannot stack.
For a Balance, the effect of increasing the Perks effects duration by 40% WILL NOT affect on a Decisive Strike. Or should I decrease it from 40% to 35 or 30%? To make the perk not work with the second chance perks?

Moreover, the Perk has become more informative. Now the survivor will know when the Killer sees his aura and he will try to remember in which cases his aura was visible and will try not to repeat past situations.

As for me, the meta has to change a little, so that players are more interested in playing the game.

I wanted to make the Perk quite interesting so that it was much more in demand than it is currently in use. I tried to balance everything so that the perk is not too op, but I can be wrong and I will accept constructive criticism and I'll make corrections to my post if I consider it necessary.

What do you think? My suggestion makes this perk too op or not? How would you improve my idea?

Comments

    1. Myself from 1 year ago would and did say no to similiar idea because it seemed absurd to get an almost 4 second Sprint Burst. Here myself... i still think that is bonkers. So yeah my issue is with Haste.
    2. However i do not mind them increasing the duration of the perks. That's a cool idea.
    3. ... However however, i do not think this really fits Open Handed idea. Atleast in my opinion Open Handed should focus more on aura reading and/or "paying attention" to things. Maybe like, Open Handed could give you hints of what the killer is using after certain amount of time? (note: im mostly going of it's flavour text (source wiki) "Paying attention is what kept me alive through the years. That, and my good looks of course." — Ace Visconti))
  • @Milo said:

    1. Myself from 1 year ago would and did say no to similiar idea because it seemed absurd to get an almost 4 second Sprint Burst. Here myself... i still think that is bonkers. So yeah my issue is with Haste.
    2. However i do not mind them increasing the duration of the perks. That's a cool idea.
    3. ... However however, i do not think this really fits Open Handed idea. Atleast in my opinion Open Handed should focus more on aura reading and/or "paying attention" to things. Maybe like, Open Handed could give you hints of what the killer is using after certain amount of time? (note: im mostly going of it's flavour text (source wiki) "Paying attention is what kept me alive through the years. That, and my good looks of course." — Ace Visconti))

    Actually, You might be right. I sat for a long time and thought about the good and the buff and could well overdo it. I usually don’t read quotes from below, and as I understand it, it was my mistake, thanks for noticing this. Maybe I should remove the boost to the status effects, leave the effect for boosting perks duration and revise the idea a bit, as you said.

  • @Milo said:

    1. Myself from 1 year ago would and did say no to similiar idea because it seemed absurd to get an almost 4 second Sprint Burst. Here myself... i still think that is bonkers. So yeah my issue is with Haste.
    2. However i do not mind them increasing the duration of the perks. That's a cool idea.
    3. ... However however, i do not think this really fits Open Handed idea. Atleast in my opinion Open Handed should focus more on aura reading and/or "paying attention" to things. Maybe like, Open Handed could give you hints of what the killer is using after certain amount of time? (note: im mostly going of it's flavour text (source wiki) "Paying attention is what kept me alive through the years. That, and my good looks of course." — Ace Visconti))

    Here, I tried to correct my mistakes and make the perk more balanced, what do you think?

  • The 40% perk duration increase sounds good on paper, but remember that they had to rework Tinkerer because it had a similar effect on killer's add-ons and it made it complicated to come up with new add-ons and to balance existing add-ons for all killers due to them having to consider Tinkerer every time they wanted to make a change, so I doubt they'd ever want to add that back in.

  • @gaydavidking said:

    The 40% perk duration increase sounds good on paper, but remember that they rework Tinkerer because it had a similar effect on killer's add-ons and it made it complicated to come up with new add-ons and to balance existing add-ons for all killers due to them having to consider Tinkerer every time they wanted to make a change, so I doubt they'd ever want to add that back in.

    Yeah, I understand that if the perk was like that, then the developers will have to provide that the bunch of my Open handed version with another perk is not too op, in any case, even if the developers take my idea (which I don't really believe in), then they will correct something 100% and it is quite logical. I was able to foresee only the situation with a ds and didn’t really figure out how to beat the problem in the original way. I don’t really understand what else the problem may arise, except due to the too long perk effect, and exceptions may be added so as not to spoil the balance.

  • Cool idea, I could see this working. Meta shifting? Pretty close. Fun to use? Appears so.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    Cool idea, I could see this working. Meta shifting? Pretty close. Fun to use? Appears so.

    Thanks!