Buff for Zanshin Tactics and Windows of opportunity

I commented in some discussion that both perk could use some buff like making the aura reading range to 128 meters. And honestly I think that change could bring a lot of good for solo players and killers, cause:

- Killers can now know before they're gonna chase a survivor to decide if it's worth. ( Like if there is no pallets in the area where the survivor is running to.

- Survivors can know which pallet was used so they can try to avoid these areas in the future gameplay. Also they will know if there is someone chase and where the killer is.

- And also it will help a lot for new players for both sides to learn which titles has a pallets and which not.

Does it affect the SWF? Kind of, but they still gain the same advantage as earlier.

So for the description the both perks could look like this:

Unlocks potential in one's aura reading ability. The aura's of pallets, breakable walls and windows are revealed to you within 128 meters range. Has a cooldown of 30/25/20 seconds.

For killer: Hitting the survivor next to the pallet or window within 8 meters range triggers the cooldown.

For survivor: Vaulting, dropping pallet triggers the cooldown.

@Peanits

Comments

  • It would just be a bunch of aura clutter tho. Maps have a bunch of pallets and windows now imagine them being visible at once from anywhere.

  • I agree with the first answer. I already played Windows Of Opportunity + Open-Handed for an effect up to 28 meters, it was for me already quite unpleasant sometimes (even if very useful), so 128 meters... I don't even dare imagine the result against a Freddy fake pallets.

    If these perks deserve buffs, I think we have to find another way.

  • Now I'm a guy who uses Windows of Opportunity regularly (with Any Means Necessary to run around resetting any unbroken pallets), but I do think having 128m aura reading on any pallet or window would be far too much info. The window that's 100m away isn't important to my chase, that's across the entire map.

  • @Peanits said:

    Now I'm a guy who uses Windows of Opportunity regularly (with Any Means Necessary to run around resetting any unbroken pallets), but I do think having 128m aura reading on any pallet or window would be far too much info. The window that's 100m away isn't important to my chase, that's across the entire map.

    It would be great for solo players, that's exactly the info that solo players needs to fill the gap between them and SWF.

  • @Ihatelife said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1247516#Comment_1247516

    It would be great for solo players, that's exactly the info that solo players needs to fill the gap between them and SWF.

    I'd have to disagree. I play my fair share of both SWF and solo, and I can't say I've ever felt the need to communicate exactly which pallets are used at all times, especially those across the entire map. As a solo player, I also don't think I need to know if the pallet on the opposite end of the map has been used or not. It's not relevant to me unless I'm over there and can use it to avoid a hit.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1247733#Comment_1247733

    I'd have to disagree. I play my fair share of both SWF and solo, and I can't say I've ever felt the need to communicate exactly which pallets are used at all times, especially those across the entire map. As a solo player, I also don't think I need to know if the pallet on the opposite end of the map has been used or not. It's not relevant to me unless I'm over there and can use it to avoid a hit.

    It is, because normally without this, you can not know that the pallet was used and end up in being dead zoned.

  • @Ihatelife said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1247741#Comment_1247741

    It is, because normally without this, you can not know that the pallet was used and end up in being dead zoned.

    But still 128 meters is waaay to big and again - aura clutter.

    They could get buffed to like .... 30-40 meters but even then i think it's a little too much.

  • @Milo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1247748#Comment_1247748

    But still 128 meters is waaay to big and again - aura clutter.

    They could get buffed to like .... 30-40 meters but even then i think it's a little too much.

    It's really not. It just gives you a good information that solo players needs. Besides it would make the perks very good. And maybe it even could one of the meta perks.

  • @Ihatelife said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1247898#Comment_1247898

    It's really not. It just gives you a good information that solo players needs. Besides it would make the perks very good. And maybe it even could one of the meta perks.

    No, Alert does that (against non-undetectable killers) It shows you in what direction the pallet was destroyed.

    This would give you too much information. But if you don't believe me ican't change your mind.

  • @Milo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1247941#Comment_1247941

    No, Alert does that (against non-undetectable killers) It shows you in what direction the pallet was destroyed.

    This would give you too much information. But if you don't believe me ican't change your mind.

    Empathy says hello