Respawning Pallets
So... I think it’s time to talk about respawning pallets.
If hooks respawn, so should pallets. Although, I wouldn’t advocate the pallets respawning in the same place they were broken, nor do I think it should be anything like the speed that hooks respawn. Here is my proposal:
Every two minutes, the map generates pallets to the total number that spawned at the beginning of the match. If the map spawns with 7 pallets, and 3 pallets are broken, not just downed, but broken, then at two minutes in, the map regenerates the 3 broken pallets.
This enables the killer to prevent pallets from respawning by leaving them. Not all pallets are safe, so they don’t all need to be broken.
In this way, the fewer number of pallets on maps is fine, but you don’t end up with a whole map that is a dead zone.
Also, 2 minutes is maybe too fast, perhaps it needs to be 3 minutes instead.
Comments
If they break pallet they let survivors to go away
My joke was lost on you. 😕
Yes, I’ve been around for a long time. Have you noticed the toolbox changes? You aren’t going to get rid of all the killer’s hooks. Plus, the killer still has basement, and with reduced map size the killer can pretty much get there no matter what.
Also, no. I have no problem with slugging. It is a legitimate strategy.
The point is that acting like 2-3 pallets respawning one time, maybe two if it’s a long game is going to destroy the killer’s chances is ridiculous.
Not all the downed pallets. Only the pallets the killer chooses to break. Totally different. There are killers like nurse, and huntress, and the new killer who hardly need to break pallets ever.
The point is not that I want hooks to not respawn. The point is that pallets should.
If the pallet is unsafe then yes, but if pallet is decent, its better to break it, than leave it