Auric Cells?

So.. We have an issue.

Why does me buying auric cells have tax, but not my friend?

Does it have something to do with my state?

It charges me tax, but it doesn't for her. Is this a steam problem, or?

image.png image.png

Is it something to do with our wallet balance?

Comments

  • This could be region based. What state do you and your friend live in?

  • @Cheers said:

    This could be region based. What state do you and your friend live in?

    That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure.

    I live in Washington; she is in Georgia. I just thought it was strange.

  • CheersTC is correct. Steam will charge taxes in some regions (states/provinces) but not others depending on the local laws. Some places do not tax digital purchases while others do.

  • @Peanits said:

    CheersTC is correct. Steam will charge taxes in some regions (states/provinces) but not others depending on the local laws. Some places do not tax digital purchases while others do.

    I thought so